• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question re bunny boarding

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
if you board bunnies, do you appreciate as much info as possible regarding the buns in your care? ie how they may behave if they're unsure/stressed/ill as well as having details of their current feeding routines?

or would you find it offensive if the owner gave you a detailed list for them?

I always ask loads of questions when any little animals come to stay.

It does and can help you understand them so much more.

I don't find it in any way offensive.

I dont think it matters what the boarding owner thinks its what makes the buns happy that matters and if that means the owner giving detailed instructions then so be it.

if you board bunnies, do you appreciate as much info as possible regarding the buns in your care? ie how they may behave if they're unsure/stressed/ill as well as having details of their current feeding routines?

or would you find it offensive if the owner gave you a detailed list for them?

Everyone whose rabbits come to me are asked to complete a detailed questionniare the first time they come for boarding and then updates the times after that.

This helps me to know the rabbit's normal behaviour, likes and dislikes.

Any boarding establishment that doesn't want to know or ask you is not doing their job, so no I would be delighted if someone volunteered masses of info about their rabbits.

Everyone whose rabbits come to me are asked to complete a detailed questionniare the first time they come for boarding and then updates the times after that.

This helps me to know the rabbit's normal behaviour, likes and dislikes.

Any boarding establishment that doesn't want to know or ask you is not doing their job, so no I would be delighted if someone volunteered masses of info about their rabbits.

Pages and pages sometimes!

Always so wonderful to know that people love their bunnies so much.

It gladdens the heart.

Slightly different for me as I have 2 groups plus cats and piggies but would a house sitter be better?

ideally yes but i couldn't find one. closest i got was someone to visit twice a day (at a cost of #15 each trip-sorry pound sign not working!) but that wouldn't be enough for eric. he needs people around him or he won't eat.

the only other time i went away, my sister had him at her house and it was great. i practically begged this time and she said no as it was too much responsibility.......

i haven't been able to find anyone who boards them as a proper house rabbit either. i feel thoroughly sick and wish i wasn't going but if i put eric over this 3 day trip, i feel my relationship may be over.

I think if they were reluctant/offended by you giving lots of detailed info, it would be a sign of a bad boarding establishment, run by people who didn't care!

When I boarded Sorrel at Camp Nibble we sat down and I told Hannah every little detail about Sorrel's dental problems to make sure she would be well looked after while I was away :)

i have had the questionnaire when i booked them in and i'm pretty sure that they're a top class place - they use the same vets as me, hence my sway towards them as if there's a problem with eric, he'll be with his familiar vet.

i just don't want to overdo the info i pass on:oops:

i'm midlands based - about an hour from worcester:D

i have had the questionnaire when i booked them in and i'm pretty sure that they're a top class place - they use the same vets as me, hence my sway towards them as if there's a problem with eric, he'll be with his familiar vet.

Hey, doesn't sound like they'd mind so put as much as you can down. I'd love it if you did that coming to mine.

They shouldn't be offended at all :D

We used to do boarding a couple of years ago and in peak times had quite a large number of bunnies staying. Therefore, although I could remember pretty much all the details that the owners told me it was appreciated if they wrote down anything very important just in case!

We always saw it as a sign of a very caring owner if they arrived having written a book for us :lol:

I usually send an email out well before they board with us with questions about their rabbits and I keep all the info on file so that I know each time that the rabbit/rabbits stay with us what food they are on, likes and dislikes and anything else I need to know.
We also ask if their rabbit/rabbits are on medication and if so, what so we can keep the treatment going.

Oh I don't think you will overdo the info you pass on, if that was me I'd be very pleased as the more info the better :D

Back