• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried about my buns behaviour

This is the first time i have had 2 rabbits together. I got toffee last thursday and they have been brilliant together, but today toffee has really chased smudge around and i think smudge has got a little fed up of him. Now smudge has lost 2 claws, so there has been blood all over (its stopped now) clumps of furr every where. Now smudge keeps running off every time toffee goes anywhere near him. Is this behaviour normal and will it settle down? They are both flaked out now.

Are they in a bonding area currently? What gender are they and are they spayed/neutered? :wave:

Did you neutralise the area before putting them together? Are they boh neutered/ spayed? If so how long for?

Neither are nuetered. They were put together somewhere nueteral. Ive just been told toffee mite be trying to get smudges testicles and it could be nasty. So i have seperated them as i have just found scabs on smudges testicles. And as soon as i can they are going to be nuetered. I feel aweful knowing how bad this could have been.:cry:

I would seperate them until they can be neutered and keep them seperate until 6 weeks after that and their hormones die down. When you reintroduce them in needs to be on neutral territory and the space kept small.

There are lots of good threads on bonding on here and we are all happy to give advice and answer questions

Back