• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big THUMBS UP to all the Fosterers!!

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
I have just sent home my first ever "foster" bunny (belonging to a friend, I took her on temporarily to get her neutered, dental and on a better diet, kinda bunny fat camp! :lol::lol::lol::lol:).

I am kinda sad seeing her go, but it has been so rewarding having her here and seeing her change. She went from an overweight, aggressive, terrified little thing to a much slimmer, happier, funny, friendly bunny. There are so many little victories, like when she started eating hay, or the first time she finished her pellets. My heart actually leapt the first time she flopped out and I was so surprised and proud when she litter trained herself!

Unfortunately I can't really foster any more until I graduate, but I now definitely want to in the future. So here is a big THUMBS UP :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: from me to all the fosterers out there, for all the amazing work you do caring for and rehabilitating neglected, broken, unloved bunnies. You are all stellar! :D :D

Fosterer's are great - how they have the willpower to part with the bunnies amazes me - I would soon be a failed fosterer :oops:

I feel very lucky that I can foster and help a rescue. Although it is easy to get attached to the foster bunnies, when they go there are always more rabbits that need some TLC so you cant mope around too much. Any work put into it is more than paid back seeing the bunnies develop and their personalities come out :love::love:

Vikki - you will make a fantastic fosterer when you graduate :wave:

Aww, well done and you must keep going when you have finished uni.

I adore fostering. At the moment I have two pairs of girls. Eva and Maria who are 3 and 19wk old sisters. The older pair were found living in their own filth and were incredibly neglected. Their coats were dull and flat, nails long and they were terrified by me.

They now gleam in the sunshine, eat out of my hand and let me pet them as well as sitting on my knee as good as gold while I trim their nails or give them a brush. I have lots of kids around, friends of my own three, and they all want to feed the bunnies. They get a handful each and the girls will go to anyone for food!

When it comes to saying goodbye the whole family gets excited for the buns because they have found a home. The kids understand that there're always more who need help and we can't do anything more if we keep the current fosters. I think as long as Floppy, Millie and Starfish do not go anywhere then we all cope happily as the buns move on.

Back