• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anivac - no reactions at my vets

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I asked my vet today and he has been using Anivac for a little while now and not had any reactions reported to him :wave:

he didn't get it when I said I was excited he was using Anivac :oops::lol:

I had mine done using Anivac and they were both fine. Anivac are currently touring the UK introducing the new vaccine to vets. Hopefully more vets will be switching, but if you vet still uses Cylap, ask them to order in Anivac or change vets.

I had mine done using Anivac and they were both fine. Anivac are currently touring the UK introducing the new vaccine to vets. Hopefully more vets will be switching, but if you vet still uses Cylap, ask them to order in Anivac or change vets.

I asked my vet to order it in, apparantly it comes in batches of 5 and i have 6 rabbits so he said i'd have to pay for 10 doses!! :shock: :(

It comes in singular doses. Not sure if they have to buy a group of 5's but it would be ridiculous to ask one person to pay for the whole lot as they have a shelf life, unlike Lapinject that is in 5 dose bottles that have to be used immediately.

I have had nearly all of my rescue buns given Anivac and have seen no side effects at all, not even the two days 'quiet spell' that I have witnessed with both Cylap and Lapinject.

I asked my vet to order it in, apparantly it comes in batches of 5 and i have 6 rabbits so he said i'd have to pay for 10 doses!! :shock: :(

It comes in batches of 10 separate vials which means there is no reason why they can't sell the remaining 4 vials on to other customers.

Lapinject comes in one large vial which contains enough for five rabbits but must be used at the same time.

Because Anivac comes in separate vials there is no reason why it can't be stored, just like Cylap does. My vet just ordered it in for me and charged the same as they would if they used Cylap. If your vet won't do it, go somewhere else.

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Animalcare_Limited/Anivac_VHD/-53403.html

I have had nearly all of my rescue buns given Anivac and have seen no side effects at all, not even the two days 'quiet spell' that I have witnessed with both Cylap and Lapinject.

yup I agree, I haven't seen than that subdued period following the Anivac like I did when they had Cylap and to a lesser degree Lapinject.

It comes in batches of 10 separate vials which means there is no reason why they can't sell the remaining 4 vials on to other customers.

Lapinject comes in one large vial which contains enough for five rabbits but must be used at the same time.

Because Anivac comes in separate vials there is no reason why it can't be stored, just like Cylap does. My vet just ordered it in for me and charged the same as they would if they used Cylap. If your vet won't do it, go somewhere else.

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Animalcare_Limited/Anivac_VHD/-53403.html

Apparently im the only person that has requested a vhd jab thay dont get the 'call for it' so there for would have to throw away the remaining vials! its crazy makes me mad! :evil: A friend and i are in the prosses of trying to find a vet happy to order it in. we have 12 rabbits between us.

Apparently im the only person that has requested a vhd jab thay dont get the 'call for it' so there for would have to throw away the remaining vials! its crazy makes me mad! :evil: A friend and i are in the prosses of trying to find a vet happy to order it in. we have 12 rabbits between us.

I would have to say that if your vet doesn't see enough rabbits to use it, and if he sees enough but that he doesn't strongly recommend them vaccinating against it, I'd probably want to find another vet. A vet's expertise can only be based on knowledge, experience and continued learning.

Hope you get it sorted.

I would have to say that if your vet doesn't see enough rabbits to use it, and if he sees enough but that he doesn't strongly recommend them vaccinating against it, I'd probably want to find another vet. A vet's expertise can only be based on knowledge, experience and continued learning.

Hope you get it sorted.

My friend and i are looking for a better vet but its like looking for rocking horse poo round here!! :(

Back