• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny proof planting

luvabun

Warren Veteran
.................. not :lol:

I've tried to plant stuff that the buns can eat but aren't fussed about... the following photos prove I've been an abject failure at this :lol:

Bugsy003.jpg

Kikster006.jpg

lavender007.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Alfie and Bubbles didn't seem to like lavender ..... only trouble was I killed it over the winter. :oops: :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Love it!

I haven't yet tried my lot on Lavender. I'm a wuss when it comes to introducing new foods :oops:

mind you i havn;t tried mine on our lavendar either, theyve had the herbs in back garden and it completely skipped my min i have lavendar out front :lol:

:love::love::love: love them all esp the 2nd piccie

:wave: I love that one too..... it shows Kikis dainty paws and doesn't show her half a nose x

p.s. for those that don't know - Kiki is a gummy bun and has no front teeth :love:

Last edited:
I remember having to feed Honey it on someones advice on here last year but she has all kinds of problems so can't remember why but they all adore it, much to our delight as our garden is overflowing in the stuff :lol:

I remember having to feed Honey it on someones advice on here last year but she has all kinds of problems so can't remember why but they all adore it, much to our delight as our garden is overflowing in the stuff :lol:

:wave: You're lucky to have so much. There's a fair few different varieties in my local Garden Centre that I'm really tempted to buy but having wasted money on roses :oops: I'm not sure I can afford the outlay on lavender as well...

FYI - Tottis ear looks a bit ropey in the last pic but I had just cleaned out his abscess and get manula honey/ antibiotic drops and pus all over his ear :oops:

gorgeous:love:

i've planted a tiny lavender this year and have moved it around the garden numerous times as esme seems to be able to get anywhere:shock:

all of the 'unsafe' plants are in the front garden so the back looks a bit bare - she scoffs everything:roll:

Great photos. I love your planters. I had to laugh at the first 2 pics. It looks like your bunnies are spouting plant tails. :lol:

People pay gardeners a fortune to have their plants clipped like that, you could hire them out.. do you think they could do topiary? :lol:

People pay gardeners a fortune to have their plants clipped like that, you could hire them out.. do you think they could do topiary? :lol:

:lol: Now there's a thought Tam :lol:

p.s. thank you all... they are available for hire for pruning although I can't guarantee the finish will be to your liking :lol:

Back