• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is your buns fave hay?

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
My THE delivery just came and the buns are happily tucking into some orchard grass and timothy hay :D They haven't been eating enough hay! My bridge bunneh always used to eat LOADS, which encouraged Lewis too, but since Lottie passed away :( he's reverted back to his old non-hay eating ways... and Lily (my new french lop :love:) isn't a big hay eater either.

I have tonnes of meadow hay, but they're not eating it!! I've reduced their pellets down to half a shot glass full every morning, and they seem really hungry (running to me for treats), yet still not eating their hay! Gonna mix the new hays in with the meadow hay ;)

This is what Lewis did, last time I mixed their hay :lol: (and little Lottie :cry:)

217582_10150150389762219_510752218_6883729_8387943_n.jpg

Mine eats his pellets as if he's been starved :roll: Mum thinks I'm mean not giving him more! I give him a small handful in the morning before work and another one at bed time. I told Mum, if he's really that hungry, he will eat his hay! :lol: When I go off to work she talks to bunny saying "Nanny will give you lots of pellets when Mummy goes to work" :evil: :lol:

He doesn't really have a favourite, but I normally have 2 or 3 different types on the go and swap them around so he doesn't get bored! At the moment he's just got Timothy hay (can't remember which brand) and a normal Pets at Home big bale of hay which I use in his litter tray.

Mine eats his pellets as if he's been starved :roll: Mum thinks I'm mean not giving him more! I give him a small handful in the morning before work and another one at bed time. I told Mum, if he's really that hungry, he will eat his hay! :lol: When I go off to work she talks to bunny saying "Nanny will give you lots of pellets when Mummy goes to work" :evil: :lol:

Lol, When I go home, my mum is constantly feeding them spring greens and stuff whilst I'm still asleep :roll: I've had to hide their treats (barley rings), because my bf keeps feeding them.. Yesterday I asked him if he'd been giving them treats recently, and he said, 'No, I can't find them anyway'. Good job I hid them isn't it haha :lol:

Lol, When I go home, my mum is constantly feeding them spring greens and stuff whilst I'm still asleep :roll: I've had to hide their treats (barley rings), because my bf keeps feeding them.. Yesterday I asked him if he'd been giving them treats recently, and he said, 'No, I can't find them anyway'. Good job I hid them isn't it haha :lol:

:lol: Yes my Mum gets very excited when I say he can have some spring greens!

I am far too stingy to pay for hay from the hay experts!:shock: my guys get the hay for pets meadow hay which they just adore. It is about half the price of THE but still expensive.

They also get farm hay at five pounds a bale.

I am far too stingy to pay for hay from the hay experts!:shock: my guys get the hay for pets meadow hay which they just adore. It is about half the price of THE but still expensive.

They also get farm hay at five pounds a bale.

It is expensive... but I only got the sample packs ;)

I'm out of Burns Green Oat hay now :( I still have some readigrass though, I got it cheaper from another website :thumb:

readigrass - it's the only one they'll consisently eat bag after bag, they do usually have another hay as a 'topping; for the readigrass like burns green oat and that way a small bag lasts two buns over a month which makes it more affordable.

I got a 15kg bag of readigrass direct from friendship estates this month for about £19 inc postage which is what i was spending on 5kg each month from the hay experts - i feel guilty going elsewhere but at a third of the price i'd be stupid not to and I still get my other bits from THE.

Back