• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1 rabbit or 2?

laurenellis_

Young Bun
Hi everyone! :wave:

I'm just curious, will it be better for me to get one rabbit or two?
I have work and college commitments, so I'm going to be out most of the day, but obviously when I am at home I will spend all my free time with my buns.
I'm not worried about the costs or the space provided for the rabbit(s)... As I already have all that sussed out. So, please share your advice/opinions.

Thanks all, Lauren.

2 or more everytime.

Rabbits are social creatures and need their own kind to be with.

2 definatly, but be prepared to bond them if they dont already know eachother, and neuter them if they're not already.

If you go to a rescue you may find a lovely pair that are already neutered and bonded :D:love:

2 neutered rabbits. Preferably a male and a female together! Rabbits get very bored and destructive on their own.

Deffo 2, it's so lovely to see 2 buns snuggled up together :love: Or having a 'dual groom', as my bf calls it when our buns groom each other at the same time lol :lol:

Definitely 2, it's lovely to see them together and interacting as bunnies should. A single bun, while it's owner may think it's 'happy', is likely very lonely. The pair would be together constantly and a human companion cannot provide that kind of commitment to replace a bunny friend :) Also, a bunny without a bunnyfriend isn't really free to express much bunny behaviour in my opinion - it will try to express things in 'bunny language' which may go unnoticed/misunderstood to humans, which can frustrate a bunny!

Definitely two, seeing them snuggling up together and investigating a new area together (one will go peek, come back, the other will go peek, come back, the 1st will go peek...:roll:) is so cute. :love:

I had smudge on his own for a while, but have just got him a male friend. I took smudge to the rescue and the woman there put them both together and they have been fine. I know not all buns are that easy to pair but my experiance was brilliant. It so much fun sitting with them both and watching them snuggle and chase each other round. My favourite thing is sitting with a carrot in each hand and they both sit chomping away with their front paws on my knee. So cute.

Back