• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do does chin things and spray?

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
I'm slightly concerned about the sex of my new bun, my previous doe never used to chin things, whereas Lewis does it ALL the time!

Lily hasn't had her vaccs yet, as I hate the vets round here, taking her to the vet near my parents for her spay next week... suppose we will find out then :lol:

I've tried to look, she didn't let me hold her for long, but I didn't notice the obvious lol.

All rabbits chin things :wave:

Re the spraying i *think* i've read that females can, but its more likely males that do.

All rabbits chin things :wave:

Re the spraying i *think* i've read that females can, but its more likely males that do.

Weird, I never saw Lottie chin anything (bridge bunneh :cry:).

Also, they're bonded now... but the process was A LOT harder, than when I bonded Lewis with Lottie.. which made me think :?

Non of my other bunnies have really ever sprayed much, Lewis did it about 3 times before I got him neutered, whereas Lottie didn't really do it at all.

Both mine spray things ( doe and buck ) and Honey definately sprayed my daughter who she hates.:lol:

Lily's also sprayed Lewis a couple of times lol... :shock:

Also, what can I do about his paws going yellow? :cry: I mop their pen daily.. but his paws are still going yellow :(

Lily's also sprayed Lewis a couple of times lol... :shock:

Also, what can I do about his paws going yellow? :cry: I mop their pen daily.. but his paws are still going yellow :(

Is he litter trained? If not what are you using in the pen? If he is what are you using in the litter tray?

I've never had any problem with feet staining because I always use a thick layer of hay in their litter trays. :)

Is he litter trained? If not what are you using in the pen? If he is what are you using in the litter tray?

I've never had any problem with feet staining because I always use a thick layer of hay in their litter trays. :)

Yeah he's litter trained, I use loads of hay too... but Lily is weeing all over their bedding and lino (literally everywhere).. which is causing Lewis's perfect white paws to go yellowy :(

I've had to remove the vetbed as it was soaked everytime I put it back after washing! I really do hope this problem is resolved after Lily's spay. Also, although it was wet, they'd still both like to lie on it! :shock:

I'd put newspaper down everywhere for now and regularly change it. Once she's spayed she should be a lot easier to litter train her and then you'll be able just to clean one spot. :)

My Hazel chins everything.She's a house rabbit.She has a cat litter tray made up the way her "en suite" is in the hutch.Shavings with hay in the corner.She messes in there while she eats but you can't always prevent accidents around the house.
I always associated males with spraying,she doesn't do that.Best get checked if there's females around.Otherwise can lead to aggression.

i have cleaned Barney's paws before by dipping them in little pots of water when he is sat on my lap you could try this?.. Might not work if they are badly stained .. dont worry too much though as it always looks worse on white paws, all buns are prob the same but you cant alwasy see the dirt!

Bubbles chins absolutely everything but, thankfully, no spraying. :lol::lol:

Maia is spayed and chins everything you offer her - even carrots! :lol:
She also wasn't very good with her litter tray before she was spayed, although she didn't really spray. She still managed to do a jumping pee on me once :shock::lol:

Back