• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit ramp for cage...

laurenellis_

Young Bun
Morning all! :wave:
I'm building a C&C cage for my bun (which I haven't even got yet!) But was just wondering what I could use for a ramp? Or where I could buy one?
Thanks!
Lauren :D

One piece of wood with smaller bits across for grip, or some carpet for grip :) I got my dad to drill holes and just attached it with cable ties

Unless your buns are very old or disabled, a ramp may not be necessary (depending on where it's for). They're capable of jumping pretty high so as long as you leave space on the ground you might not need a ramp. A ramp takes space up inside the enclosure which is a pain sometimes :)

Also, if you post this in housing you'll likely get more answers :wave:

Unless your buns are very old or disabled, a ramp may not be necessary (depending on where it's for). They're capable of jumping pretty high so as long as you leave space on the ground you might not need a ramp. A ramp takes space up inside the enclosure which is a pain sometimes :)

Also, if you post this in housing you'll likely get more answers :wave:

Haven't even got any rabbits yet, just waiting to hear back from numerous rescue homes, but they seem to be avoiding me! :lol:
But I'm looking for a fairly young mini lop, so hopefully something will come up.

Haven't even got any rabbits yet, just waiting to hear back from numerous rescue homes, but they seem to be avoiding me! :lol:
But I'm looking for a fairly young mini lop, so hopefully something will come up.

:lol::lol:! Rescues can sometimes take a little while to reply as they're quite busy, and I'm sure they get a lot of people who act interested and then drop out :( If you've just emailed, give them a ring and see because in their eyes I think a phone call is more of a commitment and then they can see you're a bit more genuine than people who email? No idea if that's right, but worth a try :D!

It's great that you're getting buns from a rescue :D! Are you just getting the one? Two would be lovely, as they get very lonely if kept alone :( Human company for a few hours a day can't replace a 24/7 companion who speaks 'bunny language' much better than a lowly hoomin :lol:! The rescue will likely have lots of lovely bonded pairs, and lots of singles who they could try to bond for you :love:!

:lol::lol:! Rescues can sometimes take a little while to reply as they're quite busy, and I'm sure they get a lot of people who act interested and then drop out :( If you've just emailed, give them a ring and see because in their eyes I think a phone call is more of a commitment and then they can see you're a bit more genuine than people who email? No idea if that's right, but worth a try :D!

It's great that you're getting buns from a rescue :D! Are you just getting the one? Two would be lovely, as they get very lonely if kept alone :( Human company for a few hours a day can't replace a 24/7 companion who speaks 'bunny language' much better than a lowly hoomin :lol:! The rescue will likely have lots of lovely bonded pairs, and lots of singles who they could try to bond for you :love:!

Yeah I emailed them a few times, and rang them but got no answer :(
But I'll keep trying!
Well, by the reactions on my other thread about 1 or 2 buns, it looks like I'm getting two! :lol: My boyfriend also wants one (he's a little softy at heart lol!) So we will be able to look after them together. I found two mini lops (which are absolutely adorable!!! :love:) that are brother and sister in a rescue, but I think the brother may have been reserved :( but I'm still going to try and contact them!

Yeah I emailed them a few times, and rang them but got no answer :(
But I'll keep trying!
Well, by the reactions on my other thread about 1 or 2 buns, it looks like I'm getting two! :lol: My boyfriend also wants one (he's a little softy at heart lol!) So we will be able to look after them together. I found two mini lops (which are absolutely adorable!!! :love:) that are brother and sister in a rescue, but I think the brother may have been reserved :( but I'm still going to try and contact them!

Yay for 2:love:! it's so amazing seeing them together :oops:! You and your boyfriend can name one each :D! That's unfortunate that the brother has been reserved, are they young? If they're a bonded pair I find it strange that one has been reserved while the other hasn't :shock:! Rescues will often reserve subject to a home check, if you register your interest with that bunny/bunnies they will contact you if the home check falls through or the person changes their mind! Hopefully they'll get back to you soon! Do you have a link to the buns? I'd love to have a look :D!

Yay for 2:love:! it's so amazing seeing them together :oops:! You and your boyfriend can name one each :D! That's unfortunate that the brother has been reserved, are they young? If they're a bonded pair I find it strange that one has been reserved while the other hasn't :shock:! Rescues will often reserve subject to a home check, if you register your interest with that bunny/bunnies they will contact you if the home check falls through or the person changes their mind! Hopefully they'll get back to you soon! Do you have a link to the buns? I'd love to have a look :D!

I'm so excited to get them! I seriously can't wait haha! :lol:
Yeah they are pretty young, under a year I think. Yes thats what I was thinking, but I'm just hoping that he isn't reserved. He's still under "available" on their website, but on the rabbitrehome website he's not on there, only his sister is, so I don't really know whats going on :?
Heres the link: http://www.starlightsanimalboarding.co.uk/rabbitsforadoption.htm Its Oakley & Adora :D

I'm so excited to get them! I seriously can't wait haha! :lol:
Yeah they are pretty young, under a year I think. Yes thats what I was thinking, but I'm just hoping that he isn't reserved. He's still under "available" on their website, but on the rabbitrehome website he's not on there, only his sister is, so I don't really know whats going on :?
Heres the link: http://www.starlightsanimalboarding.co.uk/rabbitsforadoption.htm Its Oakley & Adora :D

They are gorgeous!

I believe boys can be neutered at 12 weeks or so whilst girls have to wait a bit longer, might be the reason for him being reserved and her not. But being reserved may not necessarily mean that he has a fixed home, it may be subject to house checks etc.

Starlight is a member of this forum, you can PM her for a quicker response :D! (plus the fact you're on this forum is a huge advantage, means she knows you're dedicated and that she can also follow the buns once they're gone and get updates!)

Do you have your setup ready? If so, state in your message that you can send a picture, or a description of what setup you're getting as this may help sway it in your favour :) She's very friendly, so give her a PM! I also know she's very good at bonding and I'm pretty sure she'd be happy to bond Adora with another bun if Oakley goes :wave:

EDIT: Might help if I included this http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=10204 :roll:

Last edited:
They are gorgeous!

I believe boys can be neutered at 12 weeks or so whilst girls have to wait a bit longer, might be the reason for him being reserved and her not. But being reserved may not necessarily mean that he has a fixed home, it may be subject to house checks etc.

Starlight is a member of this forum, you can PM her for a quicker response :D! (plus the fact you're on this forum is a huge advantage, means she knows you're dedicated and that she can also follow the buns once they're gone and get updates!)

Do you have your setup ready? If so, state in your message that you can send a picture, or a description of what setup you're getting as this may help sway it in your favour :) She's very friendly, so give her a PM! I also know she's very good at bonding and I'm pretty sure she'd be happy to bond Adora with another bun if Oakley goes :wave:

EDIT: Might help if I included this http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=10204 :roll:

I've literally just got off the phone to her lol! :lol:
Unfortunately, Oakley has been reserved :( and I can't reserve Adora because she needs accomodation pictures (which I totally understand why.) However, I can't provide them due to moving house in the next 3 or 4 weeks (my buns are going to have their own little room! :D) But she said I could ring a week before I move and then hopefully Adora is still at the rescue, unreserved. And she also said it's fine to bond :) which is great!

I've literally just got off the phone to her lol! :lol:
Unfortunately, Oakley has been reserved :( and I can't reserve Adora because she needs accomodation pictures (which I totally understand why.) However, I can't provide them due to moving house in the next 3 or 4 weeks (my buns are going to have their own little room! :D) But she said I could ring a week before I move and then hopefully Adora is still at the rescue, unreserved. And she also said it's fine to bond :) which is great!

Oh that's sad about Oakley :( but good news that she knows who you are, so that if you do ring nearer the time it'll speed the process up! In the meantime (between packing, and building the bunny cage! :D) hang around on here and we'll help as much as possible with building it and other info for you, and if Adora happens to go in time we can help you track down another set of buns for you :D

Oh that's sad about Oakley :( but good news that she knows who you are, so that if you do ring nearer the time it'll speed the process up! In the meantime (between packing, and building the bunny cage! :D) hang around on here and we'll help as much as possible with building it and other info for you, and if Adora happens to go in time we can help you track down another set of buns for you :D

I just don't want to get my hopes up and then I ring back and she's gone :cry:
I sure will be here, even if it takes 6 months to get a bun! :lol:
It's so great to know all of you are so helpful :D
Honestly, I'm really greatful. Thank you so much! :D

Aw, shame about Oakley, you're getting there though. It's good in a way cos now you can really plan what you're going to do and gets lots of advice from us lot :D

Aw, shame about Oakley, you're getting there though. It's good in a way cos now you can really plan what you're going to do and gets lots of advice from us lot :D

Yeah I know :cry: I just can't wait to move and start getting everything sorted like building the cage etc. I think I'm going to stop looking for buns until I actually move, I'm getting so tempted! :lol:
Thank you for all your advice :D it's really appreciated! :)

Awwww, Adora is beautiful. I will keep my fingers crossed that she is still available when the time comes. :love:

Back