• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:( :( scariest sadest moment

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
5.30 this morn I went to toilet come bak jumped in bed and shakira started banging in her cage i thought she was having one her. I lifted the blanket of her cage and the panic was awful her face was stuk between the bars and her teeth holding on tight to it. she was kicking her legs out panking was awful. but in my panic i pushed her out free grabbed her and held her tight her breathing was awful my mum came in and helped me calm her down

she has been cuddled with me under my bed to calm her down.

will be taking her to the vets today but nowi dnt want her in her cage what can i do??x

I am sorry I don't know what to suggest, but that must have been scary. Major vibes for the little one x

:shock: It was lucky you woke when you did. ... what a scary moment for you!
Hope she soon settles down & the vet confirms she is OK for your peace of mind

oh it was bloody awful i thought she wud have heart attak in my arms the cage is from pets at home big enough for rabbit ferplast one i never expected it i dnt no i need a cage without bars.

she is an indoor rabbit :( im so scared for her. i have work today and i just dnt want to to work luckily i can take her to vets i just wanna cry for her i dnt no how she managed it :( xx

I hope the vets go okay, it might have just been you getting up that startled her maybe?

Hope it was nothing else.

Sending lots of vibes!

Oh my gosh - I hope she's ok.

Poor thing - let us know what the vet has to say!

I'ev got a ferplast cage...bit worried now :S

Update us on the vets! :( What about putting mesh on the cage? If you know what I mean :oops: Like a sheet on the bars!

OMG how scary :shock::cry::cry:

Is she OK?

I would bunny proof your room and maybe keep the cage bottom as a litter tray, or find something with smaller bars?

I would ask the vets to do a report on the receipt and take the cage (and the receipt) to p@h. Ask them to exchange it for a safe cage (use your vet bill as proof of what happened:shock:)

Hope she is okay x

I would ask the vets to do a report on the receipt and take the cage (and the receipt) to p@h. Ask them to exchange it for a safe cage (use your vet bill as proof of what happened:shock:)

Hope she is okay x

This! And then what I'd do is replace it for a dog cage (the biggest you can fit), and then mesh the inside of it if you don't like the look of the bar spacing. Dog cages are easy to mesh over (easier than ferplast I've found) and you can store stuff on the top too, and put a shelf in for her for a bit more room. :)

That sounds awful, I wouldn't have thought her face could fit through the bars either, maybe she got a tooth caught ? Either way I don't think I'd be putting her in there again, it sounds like she was very distressed, Biting at the bars usually is for a reason like frustration/boredom/wanting to get out essentially, it's one of the reasons I can't stand rabbits caged in tiny spaces, I think a dog crate is a minimum standard and even that should only be for overnight for example.

she is in a normal sized cage and is always wanting to be with me she was frustrated as wanted to be with me. I am not taking her t0 the vets as she is calm and no injurys teeth r fine she is just chilled in my room my mum also others i have spoke to have sed wait c if things r not ok then take her to the vets she wnt leave me alone now tho she nos i saved her life.

in pets at home the guy had heard ov it many ov a time sugested the dog pens but i may get a plastic cage which will be big enuf as she likes to run like a madhead.

im am extremely upset with what has happend i cant believe it but she is absolotley fine now i will be taking her to the vets in due corse but i dnt want to distress her nemore as her heart went flying .

:( thanks for all the vibes i will not be letting her in that cage agen its the largest rabbit cage in pets at home she is spoilt rotten with toys treats and is out 5-6 hours aday she just loves company.

:(

she is in a normal sized cage and is always wanting to be with me she was frustrated as wanted to be with me. I am not taking her t0 the vets as she is calm and no injurys teeth r fine she is just chilled in my room my mum also others i have spoke to have sed wait c if things r not ok then take her to the vets she wnt leave me alone now tho she nos i saved her life.

in pets at home the guy had heard ov it many ov a time sugested the dog pens but i may get a plastic cage which will be big enuf as she likes to run like a madhead.

im am extremely upset with what has happend i cant believe it but she is absolotley fine now i will be taking her to the vets in due corse but i dnt want to distress her nemore as her heart went flying .

:( thanks for all the vibes i will not be letting her in that cage agen its the largest rabbit cage in pets at home she is spoilt rotten with toys treats and is out 5-6 hours aday she just loves company.

:(

Maybe you'd better getting her a little friend of her own kind then if she is lonely and caged it's a bit depressing for her and you I'd imagine.

She'd feel a lot more relaxed, I used the Pets at home playpens, I bought 3 so I could increase the size of 2 by an extra 2 panels for my rabbits so they had an eight sided I think in the end while I housed them side by side pre bonding. This link shows one with 4 sides they typically come with 6 panels and you can connect however many you like together to make it bigger, they are good for outdoors aswell you just need to buy a big piece of garden netting to go over it all from the garden centre.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/small-pet-play-pen-for-rabbits-and-guinea-pigs-by-pets-at-home-24353

I agree with seriously considering getting her a friend, it does sound as if she loves company and loves being with you but realistically you can't offer the same amount of companionship as another bunny can, unfortunately :(

To her, you're her bonded partner and she wants to be with you all the time. It must be heart wrenching for you both to leave each other (when you go to work, etc), and it seems like Shakira wanted to get to you so much that she ended up stuck :(

Shakira will still love you, even if she does get a friend. :)

Update us on the vets! :( What about putting mesh on the cage? If you know what I mean :oops: Like a sheet on the bars!

I was thinking this, you can pick up rolls at poundstretcher and the pound shops. even chicken wire would do, as its not to keep anything out/keep bun safe from predators

thanks guys sadly my mum wont allow it me and my mother get very emotional over our pets had 3 hammys she cried at work when they died so it was alot to get my baby as it is :( i wish i cud i will show her this thread but she wnt agree to it lol.

yer i am like her mum etc if i go toilet she will follow me she has litter tray in there as she comes in when av shower lol its hilarious she cant get enough ov me. but after coming bak from dubai she ignore me the 2 days then this happend now she wont leave me.

iv been advised put a teddy in there with my smell on it /?x

also my cuzin has a rabbit she was introduced i no i shudnt ov but she went for him so i dnt think she will like otha bunnys :( maybe a pet fish for her ? lol

Back