• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zantac Shelf Life?

Instead of giving us Zantac for Smudge shaped stasis emergencies, Mark gave us something called maxolon, I'm sure I've spelt that wrong, so if you need something to last longer would that be an option?

What little information I was able to find on the web indicated it had a long shelf life so I gave her some last night that was dispensed in April. Also gave her some Infacol and she is fully recovered this morning. No idea if it helped or not :?

Instead of giving us Zantac for Smudge shaped stasis emergencies, Mark gave us something called maxolon, I'm sure I've spelt that wrong, so if you need something to last longer would that be an option?

Maxalon is just the other name for metaclopromide, the anti emetic to promote gut emptying where as zantac is for reflux, different kinds of drugs so wouldn't use them as a subsitute for the other. They are used together in stasis aren't they? xxx

What little information I was able to find on the web indicated it had a long shelf life so I gave her some last night that was dispensed in April. Also gave her some Infacol and she is fully recovered this morning. No idea if it helped or not :?

On glaxosmithkline website they state 24 months shelf life for the syrup :wave:

Maxalon is just the other name for metaclopromide, the anti emetic to promote gut emptying where as zantac is for reflux, different kinds of drugs so wouldn't use them as a subsitute for the other. They are used together in stasis aren't they? xxx

I don't know. All I know is that when Smudge was in stasis we got Zantac, for emergencies we got Maxalon. :)

Back