• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

7x8ft run the easy way ...

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
So, for £110 (which, IMO, is a bargin) I have a 7x8ft collapsible run which is also 3ft high. I got a 3x8 run from a local garden center for £90. Then for £18 got two 4ft panels of ply board and a few hinges, whacked it all together and viola! It still needs to be treated but so far I am so happy with it and no longer do I have the stress of them free ranging and getting into mischief. The roof (which isn't on in these pictures) is purely galvanized wire which is hooked over the top (it's not a permanently attached run unfortunately so they won't ever be left over night/for long periods of time alone in it).

I don't have a full picture of it before but here is my dad and OH working on the original structure ...

1b2f5ae0.jpg

And now ...

bc9fa572.jpg

4be231c4.jpg

I know it's not the prettiest of runs but oh well! And here are the buns in their new play pen.

8dd2ad43.jpg

a26fb361.jpg

59bcd6fe.jpg

0a8fa5eb.jpg

6bdcfc99.jpg

ffe300a3.jpg

Last edited:
Back