• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rats go outside!

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I know quite a lot of people take their rats outside with them, either in an enclosure or on their shoulders. I thought Honey and Treasure would really enjoy this but I've always been too scared to do it, well today it was a lovely evening for them, sun not bright but still warm so I set up a little enclosure for them (usuing a hamster cage, it's small but I didn't know how they'd react for their first time so didn't want to put them in something big) and with a LOT of safety precations and I trust them very much I sat with them whilst they went outside and they really enjoyed it :D :love: I took them for a walk up my garden with them on my shoulders too :)

Treasure has her first look at the outside world!

ratsoutside1.jpg

Honey digging

ratsoutside2.jpg

Honey's first look at the sky!

ratsoutside3.jpg

"Are you watching me mummy!"

ratsoutside4.jpg

ratsoutside5.jpg

ratsoutside6.jpg

ratsoutside7.jpg

ratsoutside8.jpg

ratsoutside9.jpg

ratsoutside11.jpg

ratsoutside12.jpg

ratsoutside13.jpg

Treats!

ratsoutside16.jpg

ETA: I'm sorry about the huge picture size, I have resized them so no idea why they're showing up big. And I am aware of the cut on Treasure's ear, I think she or Honey has caught it (during playing) so I'll keep an eye on it. :)

Last edited:
Lol, I love how baffled they look by it all :lol:! Bet they enjoyed it though and once they get over the ':shock:!!!' of the first few times I bet they'll love it even more!

Thankyou everyone :) They have got up now and I think are expecting to go out again :lol:

Back