• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ahhh! Daisy keeps waking me up at 5am looking for food!

Laura10101

Warren Scout
Hey!

Someone please help me before i go insane! My free ranging house bunny has decided its ok to knock on the bedroom door at 5am to be fed! She starts by knocking the door then starts eating the carpet as she knows that will get me moving! She doesnt eat the carpet at any other time. I end up feeding her to stop it, because if i ignore it or try to distract her she comes back again 5 mins later. She gets loads of food so definately isnt starving.

What can i do to stop this!?!?!

I think the best thing you can do is ignore her. At the moment she's learning banging then chewing gets her what she wants :lol:

Maybe get one of those timed food bowls? Put it in a different room and program it to uncover a couple of pellets around 4.30am?

i've tried ignoring her but then lie there worrying about my carpet! :lol: bunnies are definately smarter than you think they are!

I always say, never ever underestimate a determined bunny wabbit! Something I've learned over the years with my naughty lot. Mine sleep in the same room as me so always try and wake me earlier for breakie. Its usually always the same two - my girls. I've noticed if I give them a biccie each:roll: they stop and let me sleep until the alarm goes off. :oops:

Ignore her as much as you can. A while ago when it comes to weekends and I am having a lie in past the usual feeding time of 7am i can hear mylo and capri banging, throwing the litter tray around, etc but i ignored them and eventually they have realised that they have to wait and when i do get up they go hyper for food!!!

Frankie used to like banging his foot on the floor in the danger way at around midnight which would wake the neighbours and had us all kinda in the doghouse.

We found that if we hid a few pellets and treats in his hay he'd let us sleep all night and greet us in the morning for his brekki

Back