• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Took Jose to be spayed, vets are keeping her overnight

Lillian

Warren Veteran
:(

I look little Josephine to be spayed early this morning. The vets called at 1pm to say she'd been spayed and was just waking up. They said we could collect her this evening. Now they've just phoned to say they're keeping her overnight :( That's never happened before. She's not going to toilet or anything, so they were concerned and didn't want to let her go home.

My poor baby must be so frightened there :( I might ask if my mum will call them so I can pop down with some veggies for her.

I bet she'd like that if you could go down. When my girl was in the vets she seemed to recognise myself and my mum and came for a cuddle (which she never does at home).

I hope Jose is OK and recovers better overnight, maybe she'll feel better when it's dark.

I've tried calling but it's engaged. I was going to take some dandelion and marigold hay and some kale.
I hope they'll let me, I don't see how they can refuse when she's mine.

I've tried calling but it's engaged. I was going to take some dandelion and marigold hay and some kale.
I hope they'll let me, I don't see how they can refuse when she's mine.

I'm sure they won't refuse to let you see her, they will know it will help her if she is stressed..... it could be just the thing she needs to perk up :)
Lots of vibes for Jose ... & try not to worry x

My vet allow visits - so hopefully yours will too :)

When I had my four boys done at the same time 3 were ok to come home, but Butters had to stay is as he wasn't eating/pooping. He was fine the next day, but they has 24 hour care their to keep an eye on him and give him meds :)

Hope Jose's back home with you soon x

They're still engaged, so I'm just going to turn up with some stuff for her. Then at least I know I've tried to help her.

Shes home now, bit quiet and freaked out. I've got her settled into a cage in my room for today.

Back