• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smashing The Hutch re Margot

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Picked up the hutch from this thread
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291872

and here it is showing the dirty tiny compartment

tinyhutch.jpg

and here I am removing the lid

smash.jpg

it was actually very well put together with thick wood..just very small and very dark:cry:

lid off

lidof.jpg

it will go to the tip..in several pieces tonight:D

Not nice at all. Absolutely horrible, in fact. :evil::censored: Made me gag a bit. :oops: To think of lovely Magot in there is really shocking. :(

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D:D:D

I know there is alot of misinformation out there, and we have all made mistakes when starting out with our buns, but I dont understand how anyone could think that that hutch is suitable for ANYTHING :? let alone a lively spirited animal like a rabbit :(

How is she settling in with you now? Im surprised at how beautiful and white she still is despite living in that dirty cage :love:

Gosh. That's not a hutch - that's a coffin. :(

You did a brilliant job in rescuing her and then putting an end to any further use of that 'home'. Well done!!
Margot is gorgeous. :love:

I don't think the people were cruel on purpose..just uninformed and had the hutch given with the bun. They must have cleaned her out quite often because she has slight staining on her rear end but not too bad.
She is doing ok and eating well :D

urgh Jill I have a similar hutch in my back yard that the old tenants left here, but instead of a wood roof it has a bit of old worktop on top of it :( you fancy coming around here and smashing it?? There was a workman here before angling for it but I wouldn't even take it to the tip in case someone picked it up, will have to smash it before I leave. /end ramble :oops:

How can people think that is acceptable??? How would they like to live in an awful dark wooden box??? :( at least they managed to keep her clean though

euuuwwwww!! it looks like a dustbin:(

i want to snuggle margot and nestle her in fluffy clean blankets:love:

I would love to see more pictures of rabbit prisons being smashed up.
Well done for getting Margo and the wooden box thing:D

It must have been quite therapeutic doing that. :D:D

It was a horrible 'home' but, credit to the lady, it sounds as though she is willing to listen and giving you the hutch instead of letting someone else use it is a step in the right direction. :thumb:

Back