• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunnies and Lexi the dog :)

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Well when i first had Lexi i was quite paranoid about what dog i wanted, i really wanted one that would live happily with the rabbits, also i needed to know that the dog i had wouldn't hurt the rabbits.

So after lots of careful introduction with Lexi and Flopsy and Peter i can now have them all out together and they are great :love:

Obv i would never leave them alone. Lexi isn't that bothered with them, they share her bed :lol: they share carrots and Lexi trys to clean Peters ears, which he seems to enjoy :love:

Well what i think is really cute is how they actually communicate with each other. Like if Lexi hears something she starts barking and runs to the back door to get out and check round the hutch (for foxes) and the rabbits are at the front of the hutch looking whats going on! :love: Then sometimes if the rabbits hear something and start stomping, Lexi runs out, checks round the hutch and the garden barking, then goes to the front of the hutch, licks the bunnies through the hutch as if to say its ok no foxes :lol:

I also love how Flopsy is the "pack leader" LOL!! She has Lexi eating out the palm of her paw! :roll:

I love the little mixed species relationship going on :love:

love them i do :D

Cross species relationships can be fun!

Ben is bigger than our cat Evie, but he's all submissive around her, constantly trying to groom her and eat together. Evie just bops his nose if he gets too close, yet she goes into check on him and his hutch everyday!. Over the baby gate into the kitchen she goes for a walk around.
I trust Evie with Ben, know it can be a bit different with a dog.
What sort of dog do you have?

Back