PDA

View Full Version : Aisling- 10th June- FOUND COLLAPSED AT 4AM :-(

Pages : [1] 2

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 05:57 AM
I have not mentioned this til now as I know there are a few people who think I am not looking after my Rabbits properly because I have 'too many crammed into my house'

I am having to take one of them to be PTS this morning----Aisling

We have been fighting a losing battle with severe gut stasis, primary cause unknown, since Saturday afternoon. *Yes she has been SEEN by a Vet throughout*

She has not eaten or poo'd for 3 days and all medical treatment has failed :cry:

Maximum pain relief (2 different analgesics) is no longer helping.

Yesterday 2 Vets examined her and advised we keep going for another 24 hours.

Anyone wanting to check on my account of this can contact the Veterinary Surgeons concerned via the link in my signature. Please dont bother sending me emails making false accusations, they will be deleted before I read them.P

Elena
07-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Oh Jane, I'm so sorry :cry:

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 06:02 AM
Oh Jane, I'm so sorry :cry:

Thank you :cry:

Banni Binky
07-06-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm sorry Jane :(

I'm sure you did everything you could for little Aisling, no doubts about it. You certainly helped me many, many times with great advice for Tila over the last three years.

Sleep well precious one. You have many friends waiting to take care of you at the bridge.

KarenM
07-06-2011, 06:32 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Jane. :( Wishing Aisling a peaceful passing.

alio71
07-06-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm sorry Jane xx

William
07-06-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm so sorry :(

I'm sure you've done everything you can, you're always fighting to keep your bunnies healthy over many different conditions.

Fairy13
07-06-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm so sorry Jane. Wishing peaceful thoughts for Aisling and you xx

Blackberry & Co
07-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Peaceful passing vibes for beautiful Aisling x

You shouldn't have to be defending yourself for your decision - you are the one who knows your rabbits best x

Gertie
07-06-2011, 06:56 AM
I hope it is a peaceful passing for her.

I'm so sorry. :(

kimmy140501
07-06-2011, 06:59 AM
im sorry peacefull pssing for her and hugs for you.My addvice ust iggnore the trolls

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
07-06-2011, 06:59 AM
I am so sorry Jane :cry: x

honey61
07-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Jane I am so very sorry to read this :cry: :cry:

Those that love & respect you Jane will know that the decision to help Aisling to the bridge today is a difficult & heartbreaking decision for you & would only have been made because every avenue has been explored & there is nothing more that can be done.
It saddens me that in a time when you needed support most, you felt you couldn't seek it here due to a minorities opinion.

Sending peaceful passing vibes for Aisling
I will be thinking of you both xxx

KB
07-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Oh Jane :cry:
You have been through the mill with your darling buns of late.
Vibes to you & Aisling.

And to the nay sayers - I'd trust you with my buns lives & in fact often do when I ask for advice - so there!!:bunny:

Kermit
07-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Wishes for a peaceful day for you both x

I agree with the others, there must be a silly minority of people that can not see how well treated and loved your buns are. I know that it is hard, but try to ignore them and trust the majority of us who are your RU friends x

Grin
07-06-2011, 07:08 AM
I am so sorry Jane. Wishing Aisling peace and letting you know that i think you are a fantastic bunny mummy who always does your utmost to care and look after your rabbits. I admire the way to look after your furry family and i personally cant see how anyone can fault your care for them. (((Hugs))) This hasnt been an easy time for you and i really hope you are ok xxxx

hurricanhoney
07-06-2011, 07:09 AM
I don't know what has been said but I am thinking of you today. :(

Tinsel
07-06-2011, 07:12 AM
So very sorry :cry:

Hunnybunny2007
07-06-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm so sorry - thinking of you both today:cry:

If it's the same person who sends messages could you block them or forward them to the mods and ask them to deal with it?

RubyTed
07-06-2011, 07:14 AM
I'm so sorry Jane! :cry:

I can't really add anything as everyone has said exactly what I think. You know how I admire you!

weeble
07-06-2011, 07:27 AM
So sorry Jane will be thinking of you today x

beccimarie
07-06-2011, 07:29 AM
im so sorry :( you have done all you can i know you have, all you can do is give her one last gift of kindness, will be thinking of you both today xx

Hc1
07-06-2011, 07:32 AM
so sorry

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Thank you to those of you being supportive.

I am not the only person who has had false and hurtful allegations made concerning Rabbits. Some no longer feel able to post on here at all because of it.

Anyway, I will update later with what Laura (Vet) advises re Aisling today. She, Aisling, is in so much pain now and even a huge dose of Vetergesic is not helping her :cry:

I have not just given up on her, but I cant allow her to continue suffering if there really is no hope :cry:

I feel so drained now. It has been weeks and weeks of illnesses, loss and heartbreak. My Vets try to assure me that ALL the illnesses and losses are unrelated and I am not negligent. But right now I feel a total failure.

:cry: :cry:

weeble
07-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Jane huge hugs and you are not a failure. I know that I wouldnt have had the patience strength knowledge or expertise to deal with what you have been through in both life and recently

I know you shouldnt have to but why not change email address

chul
07-06-2011, 07:52 AM
So sorry Jane xx

poppymoon
07-06-2011, 07:55 AM
hugs to you jane xxxx

i'm so sorry to hear about aisling and the other troubles you are having:(

xxx

Rabkat
07-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Peaceful passing vibes for beautiful Aisling x

You shouldn't have to be defending yourself for your decision - you are the one who knows your rabbits best x

So agree with this, it's never an easy decision, but sometimes it's the right one. x

The Duchess
07-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Jane, I shall be thinking of you today. It's such an awful decision to have to make in so many ways, but also a gift out of love and the desire to prevent pain and future suffering.

I know how hard it is, god knows I've had a few myself recently. Big hugs and a nose rub for Aisling please. I hope it's peaceful and gentle for both of you.

shay
07-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm so sorry you've had to make this heartbreaking decision. And I'm sorry that you feel you need to justify yourself to others. You don't.

Thinking of you and Aisling today xxx

Nikki26
07-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Thinking of you and Aisling today. x

Hoppla
07-06-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't think you have too many bunnies!
And they all look very happy.

Are you sure you need to pts aisling today? My half wildie went without eating and pooing for 6 days whilst under vet supervision, the right medication and critical care..
After 6 days he started eating again slowly. That was a year ago. He is fine now.

stargrrlclaire
07-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Jane, I am so sorry. I've not been on in ages but I KNOW you've done everything possible for Aisling. I will be sending vibes and praying for you both. xxxxxxxxxx

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
very sorry jane. :(

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 08:26 AM
I have just examined Aisling again (I KNOW I AM NOT A VET) and 3 days of anorexia has allowed her molars to become very long and sharp. Aisling is a Dental Bun and she had her last GA/Dental on 15th April. She normally manages 6 months between Dentals. So now not only is she anorexic due to gut pain she also wont eat due to oral discomfort :cry:

I honestly dont know what Laura will advise this morning. All I can do is go by her professional judgment, which I have come to respect A LOT over recent weeks.

I dont take the PTS decision lightly and as I trust our Vets I look to them for guidance to enable me to do what is best for the individual Rabbit.

The Duchess
07-06-2011, 08:31 AM
I have just examined Aisling again (I KNOW I AM NOT A VET) and 3 days of anorexia has allowed her molars to become very long and sharp. Aisling is a Dental Bun and she had her last GA/Dental on 15th April. She normally manages 6 months between Dentals. So now not only is she anorexic due to gut pain she also wont eat due to oral discomfort :cry:

I honestly dont know what Laura will advise this morning. All I can do is go by her professional judgment, which I have come to respect A LOT over recent weeks.

I dont take the PTS decision lightly and as I trust our Vets I look to them for guidance to enable me to do what is best for the individual Rabbit.

But ultimately you know your own bunny family better than anyone and will always know when it's time for an individual to be helped to the bridge. Then when a vet has said the same thing, that it's time, it is a blessing to know that you have done what you can and have understood when the animals tell you that they have had enough.

Pie
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry about Aisling Jane.
If worse comes to the worse I will be sending peaceful passing vibes her way. Poor little, pretty girl. :(

Angie65
07-06-2011, 08:35 AM
If you take on buns from dodgy situations - like you have previously, then you are going to get ones with health problems, so ignore the saddo freaks who give you hassle

Thinking of you today:cry:

GrahamL
07-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Thinking of you and Aisling today Jane.

Peaceful passing vibes

Mrs. Bunnykins
07-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Our thoughts are with you both.

Take care. xx

NLENG2000
07-06-2011, 08:55 AM
So sorry Jane. We all know you will do what is best for Aisling and I wish you the strength to make the right decision for her. Thinking about you xxx

VickiP
07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
:( Sad to hear this, hope you'll be alright, I'm sure you always put the welfare of your animals over your own needs a lot of the time, she won't be afraid she knows you love her.

dizzyg
07-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I wish people would just leave you be!!! :censored::censored:

You poor poor thing. Honestly, you're not a hoarder woman who has 100s of buns in 2ft hutches, you've got 30 ish in a large house in nice clean enclosures!

Comfortable passing vibes for Aisling, she'll have a lovely time at the Bridge with your other Bridge Bunnies.

Hugs for Jane today xxx

Alibunmum
07-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I am so sorry Jane, and devastated at the thought someone would criticise your care of the rabbits. How many would dedicate their entire world to their rabbits leaving no space and time for themselves?:censored:

Poor Aisling, I hope she has a peaceful passing and please give Mr Bean a big hug from me.

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 09:26 AM
We are leaving now, Mr Bean is coming too.

I will update later

:cry:

lousilverfox
07-06-2011, 09:28 AM
so sorry Jane :(

Nicola1
07-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I am really sorry Jane :cry: no one could doubt the vet care that your rabbits get. Sending peaceful passing vibes for Aisling and nose rubs for Mr Bean.

Crunchie
07-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Sorry to hear you're having problems with one or more half wits again Jane. :(

This really is not what you need in such circumstances.:evil:

bunsterfied
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Hope things go for the best this morning, it is obvious to me (as a relative newbie) that you are respected and admired on here. When your name comes up, I am always interested in your posts. Thinking of you both.

littleboots
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM
So sorry Jane.. thinking of you and Aisling.

sdf76
07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I'm so sorry about Aisling Jane.

I think there is a function on here where you can block people from sending you pm's? This would be a good idea for those who criticise your set-up- though I guess it doesn't prevent the initial pm.

Just ignore them- You and your vet, and those who have met you, know what your set-up is like and how you dedicate your life to caring for your bunnies.:)

sue:wave:

Hotrod_2008
07-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Aw Jane :( So sorry to here about your baby! I can't beleive people can be so horrible all your bunnies look so happy! Hop free little one. Thinking of you Jane at this horrible, sad time BUT remember!!!! YOU new what was best was your bunny!!

drpengie
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Big hugs Jane, my thoughts are with you both xxxx

abbymarysmokey
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Sending peaceful vibes for both you and Aisling x

sparklefairy
07-06-2011, 10:10 AM
:cry: I'm so sorry Jane. My heart breaks for you :cry:

You do not have to defend or explain your self to your real friends on here. All of your bunnies look happy, clean, loved and well cared for. Anyone who chooses to pick on you is a lesser person than you and obviously has nothing better to do with their life.

I'm so sorry you are loosing another much loved bunny friend :cry: you have not failed any of your buns. You know more about them and what is best for them than any one I know. Those bunnies are very lucky to have you

I hope once this awful whirlwind of heartbreak has calmed that you will be able to reflect on happier times with your bunnies and know that they were happy and that you put your heart and soul into caring for them. Your bunnies all love you very much

Thinking of you ((hugs))

Xxx

ripminnie
I'm so sorry about Aisling :( surely things will start looking up soon, you're having such rotten luck :( I'd definitely look into blocking whoever is sending horrible messages! I don't understand why anyone would do that, when it's so obvious you love your buns to bits :( if they are sending messages to your personal email address you could Mark them as junk so they don't even get to your inbox xx

Dustyrabbit
My thoughts and best wishes are with you on this difficult morning.

susie bun
07-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Thinking of you. :cry: xxx

Rykat
07-06-2011, 10:26 AM
So sorry Jane x

Thinking of you and Aisling today.

I know it's easy for me to say this as I've not been on the receiving end of the comments, BUT you don't have to justify yourself to anyone. Those who know you know that you are a fantastic rabbit carer, you have certianly helped many of us with your advice (myself included).

I know you don't want to but I think you should change your email address. I take it you have already blocked the idiots?

Take care of yourself and IGNORE the morons xx

Gemmapookie
07-06-2011, 10:35 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

SarahP
07-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Thinking of you and Aisling x

Mrs Cullen
07-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Bless you, sorry.

Gillyflower
07-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm so sad to read this and send you both vibes and strength for whatever you have to face today. You know why you feel a failure, it's because you CARE and love your pets so much, I too always feel this way. Please try and ignore the stupid people who can't realise this. xx :cry::love:

Rhianna
07-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Aaw Jane.

Knowing how vulnerable I felt yesterday with Sue's passing if someone had criticised my care of my buns it would have probably pushed me over the edge. I don't know how anyone can be so cruel.

I don't understand how anyone can say you have too many rabbits. They all have spacious enclosures and you clean them out every day and your nursing care of sick buns is second to none. Your bunnies are incredibly well cared for. If I was a bunny I would genuinely want to be one of your bunnies.

Thinking of you, Aisling and Mr Bean today.

xxx

emmiiee
07-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Jane everyone on here knows you ALWAYS do whats best for your rabbits!! I wish I had just half your knowlage on rabbits as you do!

I trust you have made the right decision! All you/we want is to have pain free happy rabbits, and if a rabbit is in pain! then you have made the right decision!

thoughts are with you x!!

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Millions of vibes for the Aisling and what ever happens with Laura.

You are so well respected and admired, please take no notice of such messages. As Rhianna said if I was a bunny I would want to be one of your bunnies too. If they don't want to post on here well good riddance to them.

You give so much love and care and medical treatment to your bunnies, you couldn't ask for anything more.

Thinking of you xxx

Debster
07-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I am so sorry :cry: thinking of you and Aisling today. Take care xxx

MichG
07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I am so sorry Jane, I have such respect for you and your buns. I think you are a great bunny mummy and I know you do your best for them.

Thinking of you xx

donnamt
07-06-2011, 11:28 AM
hope your vet sends you home with some hope and an angel who is still with you. loads and loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxx

honeybunny
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Very sad news..hoping it is peaceful for Aisling. Thinking of you both xx

KateB
07-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Thinking of all three of you this morning

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Laura wants me to continue with intensive treatment for another 24 hours. She agrees that Aisling's teeth are long and sharp but like me she does NOT think that 'teeth' are the primary cause of Aisling's gut stasis.

Aisling does have a few tinkering gut sounds now. Previously her guts were deathly silent. Laura is hoping that another 24 hours intensive care will kick start things. She feels that if we can get Aisling eating grass/hay she will easily sort her teeth out for herself.

However, if there is no improvement within 24 hours then Aisling will be admitted for a GA/Dental and any other investigations Laura deems necessary.
But obviously a GA is going to be a very high risk given Aisling's debilitated state.

So the next 24 hours are critical I guess ...........................

dizzyg
07-06-2011, 12:07 PM
well, that's better news!

Sending many gut-moving vibes to pretty Aisling.

And MASSIVE hugs for you.

xxx

areia
07-06-2011, 12:08 PM
If you take on buns from dodgy situations - like you have previously, then you are going to get ones with health problems, so ignore the saddo freaks who give you hassle

Thinking of you today:cry:

I think this is what people fail to realise, there are a few members on here who for those who dont know them dont understand their buns and judge too harshly.

When you do have lots of buns that come from dodgy situations, im afraid its ineviatable that you will have lots of poorly animals with heart breaking descions to make, that its a long constant struggle for those doing the caring, i wish people would take note of the word CARING,

these members have taken on the dumped unloved unwanted, and are devoting there free time and money to LOVE and CARE for their buns, with it taking on the sleepness night and pain and heartbreak, which is more than what alot of people do,

I stand and applaude these caring people, and shame on those who hide behind malicious PM's

huge hugs to you Jane, we are here for you if not in person at least in thoughts. (((((((((((((hugs ))))))))))))

donnamt
07-06-2011, 12:08 PM
awww Jane im so happy she is still with you, really hope she finds her will to live today xxxxxx

Gemmapookie
07-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you both xxxxxxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Glad you still have Aisling and there is hope for her. Millions of vibes that everything will be fine. xxx

honey61
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I think this is what people fail to realise, there are a few members on here who for those who dont know them dont understand their buns and judge too harshly.

When you do have lots of buns that come from dodgy situations, im afraid its ineviatable that you will have lots of poorly animals with heart breaking descions to make, that its a long constant struggle for those doing the caring, i wish people would take note of the word CARING,

these members have taken on the dumped unloved unwanted, and are devoting there free time and money to LOVE and CARE for their buns, with it taking on the sleepness night and pain and heartbreak, which is more than what alot of people do,

I stand and applaude these caring people, and shame on those who hide behind malicious PM's

huge hugs to you Jane, we are here for you if not in person at least in thoughts. (((((((((((((hugs ))))))))))))

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Well said!!!

My thoughts are with you Jane & beautiful Aisling xxx

Blackberry & Co
07-06-2011, 12:23 PM
So glad you have a glimmer of hope :)

Elena
07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
I was hoping against hope for a miracle, so glad there is a bit of hope. Pease get nomming beautiful Aisling.

susie bun
07-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Contunuing to send vibes and think of you. xx

thumps_
07-06-2011, 12:57 PM
(((( Hugs))) You have my complete support because I know how much you care, & how hard you fight for every single bunny.

It is an agonising decision to have to make, & can only be made by the owner & vet concerned, because each bunny is an individual. It is our last act of true selfless love for our deeply loved friends, & heartbreaking when we have to make it.

You revolutionised the treatment of stasis bunnies, by delineating a few fundamental principals. Before that, they were dying like flies. Thanks to you on here, most stand a very good chance indeed now. (And that's only one condition). So it seems all the more sad when you have saved so many other buns but your own cannot be helped. I'm so very deeply sorry Jane.

Kermit
07-06-2011, 12:59 PM
I hope that she improves and can stay for a good while longer with you x

thumps_
07-06-2011, 01:10 PM
So glad to see the update - Previous post took a long time - interrupted by bunny care!

Bluesmum
07-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Will be keeping everything crossed for you.
You know how much i think of you, and my sentiments have been stated by may other people. There have been so many buns who have been saved by your advice, my babies included.
Those who critise your care can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I am concerned.

Bebopy
07-06-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm so sorry Jane. :(

I'm hoping for the best. Thinking of you both. xxxxxx

jpp
07-06-2011, 01:46 PM
(((( Hugs))) You have my complete support because I know how much you care, & how hard you fight for every single bunny.

Jane, I know that pts is a decision you of all people to not take lightly and the information you share has provided me and I'm sure a lot of others with the comfort and reassurance that they need when having to make that heartbreaking decision or provide the inspiration and knowledge to carry on.

Thinking of you and Aisling at this time.

emjrabbitwolf
07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Laura wants me to continue with intensive treatment for another 24 hours. She agrees that Aisling's teeth are long and sharp but like me she does NOT think that 'teeth' are the primary cause of Aisling's gut stasis.

Aisling does have a few tinkering gut sounds now. Previously her guts were deathly silent. Laura is hoping that another 24 hours intensive care will kick start things. She feels that if we can get Aisling eating grass/hay she will easily sort her teeth out for herself.

However, if there is no improvement within 24 hours then Aisling will be admitted for a GA/Dental and any other investigations Laura deems necessary.
But obviously a GA is going to be a very high risk given Aisling's debilitated state.

So the next 24 hours are critical I guess ...........................

Hope she's feeling a lot better soon and that you can stay together for a long time before Aisling has to depart for the bridge.

Rhianna
07-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Hope Aisling can get through this.

Sending lots and lots of nomming vibes xxxx

VickiP
07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I suppose time will tell now, if she can help herself aswell maybe she can help to turn it around, fingers crossed for you both.

MichG
07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I am going through a similar thing with Chloe right now. Makes you feel really sick and helpless.

Sending gut moving/nomming/pooping/get well soon vibes to Aisling, I hope she remains strong and pulls through xx

SarahP
07-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Best of luck and vibes to Aisling x

NLENG2000
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Sending lots of nomming vibes Aisling's way Jane xx

Wilbur
07-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Jane, really hope Aisling improves. Thinking of you and your buns. X

poppymoon
07-06-2011, 04:21 PM
everything here crossed that aisling improves soon xxx

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Aisling is deteriorating :cry:

sparklefairy
07-06-2011, 04:27 PM
:cry::cry::cry:

Maizey
07-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Im so sorry Jane,I have only just seen this.Please dont let the minority get to you when you have gone out of your way to help so many people on here,which you do out the kindness of your heart.Your buns are very much loved and looked after and have the best medical care xxxxxx
Sending lots of healing vibes to beautiful Aisling xxxxxx

Mrs. Bunnykins
07-06-2011, 04:30 PM

A huge power pack of strong vibes coming your way.

Here goes.............................................. ..................

I hope they help you get better.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hoppla
07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Sending lots of vibes for you and Aisling.

There are always some bitter and twisted people out there who instead of doing something productive with their time, stick their noses into other peoples lives and ***** about others.

Just ignore them!
When you have bunnies from dodgy backgrounds things will never run smoothly.
If I were a bunny I would want to stay with you.

poppymoon
07-06-2011, 05:18 PM

Alibunmum
07-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Jane, another roller coaster I think you would gladly get off. I hope she is pain free and comfortable. I am thinking of you too.

Bebopy
07-06-2011, 05:19 PM

Still hoping for the best. xxxxxx

Liz47
07-06-2011, 05:25 PM
:cry: I'm so sorry. I wish you and her the best xxxxxxx

Crunchie
07-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I really hope she can still turn the corner and overcome this.:(

honey61
07-06-2011, 05:49 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

shay
07-06-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Aisling is now deteriorating but she's clearly a fighter. Sending loads of vibes for Aisling xxx

Captain Helen
07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh no :( Come on Aisling, keep fighting! Sending lots of vibes xx

littleboots
07-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Oh No!!!!!!!!
Come on Aisling...

antigone
07-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Come on Aisling, please get well for your mummy xxx

Gemmapookie
07-06-2011, 07:09 PM

Oh god :cry: Tons of vibes hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
:cry::cry::cry:

NLENG2000
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Come on Aisling, get nomming and you will start to feel better! Sorry Jane, it must be such a worry for you (((HUGS))))

mini lop1
07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
vibes for Aisling

BinkyBun
07-06-2011, 07:38 PM

I'm so sorry as I've only just found this thread. So sorry poor little Aisling is so sick. Sending her mega vibes xxxxx

You do everything you can for all your buns so ignore anyone that says any different. You may have lots of buns but I've always kind of seen you as a small private rescue.

ripminnie
07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Oh no :( sending loads more vibes, I've got everything crossed for her xxx

Jack's-Jane
07-06-2011, 08:06 PM
I am not going to continue trying to syringe feed her. She is now refusing to swallow. At best she was only taking 10mls every couple of hours, sometimes only half that.

This is her fecal output for the last 36 hours

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/Jan-bun/Rabbits/From%20April%202011/005-17.jpg

Aislng will have pain relief and fluid therapy overnight. I can do no more for her :cry:

Blackberry & Co
07-06-2011, 08:07 PM
So sorry :cry:

I hope she remains comfortable overnight x

Mrs. Bunnykins
07-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Poor Aisling and poor you.

This must be heartbreaking.

You have done so, so much for her.

Rainbow Bridge may be beckoning soon?

We all hope not but............................

Our thoughts and prayers are for both of you. xxxx

Maizey
07-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Im so sorry Jane xxxxxx

Bebopy
07-06-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm so sorry. :cry:

I hope she remains comfortable and sending you lots of hugs. xxxxxx

Captain Helen
07-06-2011, 08:12 PM
:cry: I'm so sorry xx

mini lop1
07-06-2011, 08:18 PM
:cry: aww jane, give her hugs from us

Shellypops
07-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm sorry :(

Liz47
07-06-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm so sorry :( Everybody has done their best for her xx

Barn Yard Bunnies
07-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Really sorry for Aisling, for you and Mr Bean. I so much hope something will change overnight.

clutterydrawer
07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Sending peaceful thoughts for all of you, I know you will do what's right for Aisling no matter how hard it may be x

BinkyBun
07-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Thinking of both you. Sending healing vibes xxx

Gemmapookie
07-06-2011, 09:19 PM
I'll be thinking of you both overnight xxx

ShivyRex
07-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I am terribly sorry Jane. I remember this awful experience when Fia was struck by a horrible bout of stasis. You have done everything you possibly can for her - believe that! I hope she is comfortable throughout the night.

Hugs

Rhianna
07-06-2011, 10:54 PM
I hope Aisling can have a comfortable night.

Sending more vibes for her and strength and comfort for you and Mr Bean, Jane xxx

Bunny Buddy
07-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Hoping she can do the miracle turnaround that others have done when they've reached this stage... if the miracle doesn't happen then wishing her a peaceful passing and yourself and Mr Bean the strength you need either way.

SarahP
07-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Am really hoping for a miracle, but you can do no more than you are. Thinking of you both x

honey61
08-06-2011, 06:26 AM
How is Aisling this morning Jane?
I am hoping we had a miracle overnight.....

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 06:29 AM
No change overnight except that shortly after her 11pm high dose of Vetergesic she nibbled a bit of RR Mix. But that was it, no poo and and her pain returned within about 3 hours :cry:

I think she has acute pancreatitis. ALL her symptoms fit EXACTLY.

Since Sunday morning she has been on the correct treatment to address pancreatitis anyway, but it has had no effect.

A blood test would be needed to confirm my suspicions, but medically I cant think what more can be done for her.

I am 99.9% certain this is the end

I am exhausted and totally heartbroken. There has been just too much illness and loss within my Rabbit Family over recent weeks

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

*lily*
08-06-2011, 06:33 AM
:( xxx

Blackberry & Co
08-06-2011, 06:38 AM

(((hugs))) for you, and a gentle nose rub for Aisling xxxxx

KarenM
08-06-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm so sorry Jane, thinking of you and Aisling. x

honey61
08-06-2011, 06:41 AM
No change overnight except that shortly after her 11pm high dose of Vetergesic she nibbles a bit of RR Mix. But that was it, no poo and and her pain returned within about 3 hours :cry:

I think she has acute pancreatitis. ALL her symptoms fit EXACTLY.

Since Sunday morning she has been on the correct treatment to address pancreatitis anyway, but it has had no effect.

A blood test would be needed to confirm my suspicions, but medically I cant think what more can be done for her.

I am 99.9% certain this is the end

I am exhausted and totally heartbroken. There has been just too much illness and loss within my Rabbit Family over recent weeks

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so very, very sorry Aisling isn't responding ... sending comfort vibes for you both :cry::cry:
I just wish there was something I could say to ease your pain...

MichG
08-06-2011, 06:42 AM
:cry: *hugs*

Keep strong Jane x

bunny babe
08-06-2011, 07:35 AM
So sorry Aisling has not improved. Thinking of you both.

Maizey
08-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I wish i could take your pain away xxx

shay
08-06-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm so sorry Aisling hasn't improved overnight. Still sending lots of vibes.

I know this is the last thing on your mind after all you've been through, but take care of YOURSELF too xxx

Mrs. Bunnykins
08-06-2011, 07:53 AM
You and Aisling are in our thoughts. xxxx

Grin
08-06-2011, 07:55 AM
I'm so sorry Jane - you really have tried your best. xxxx

poppymoon
08-06-2011, 07:59 AM
i'm sorry jane:(

Alibunmum
08-06-2011, 08:19 AM
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Rhianna
08-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm so sorry, Jane. Sending more vibes to Aisling for recovery or a peaceful passing to the Bridge. Thinking of you and Mr Bean too xxx

ripminnie
08-06-2011, 09:02 AM
:cry: I'm so sorry Jane xxx sending hugs and noserubs x

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 09:15 AM
We are leaving now

I cant take Mr Bean too as his breathing is DREADFUL this morning and a car journey would just be too much for him :cry:

I have no idea what the next few hours will bring

chloemurray
08-06-2011, 09:19 AM
We are leaving now

I cant take Mr Bean too as his breathing is DREADFUL this morning and a car journey would just be too much for him :cry:

So sorry Jane:(

KB
08-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Thinking of you Jane.
xx

Nikki26
08-06-2011, 09:36 AM
I sorry she hasn't improved. Thinking of you and Aisling today. x

Rykat
08-06-2011, 09:43 AM
So sorry Jane, thinking of you xx

Mrs. Bunnykins
08-06-2011, 09:50 AM
We are leaving now

We have said a prayer for you and your furry family.

Thinking of you at this awful time. xx

susie bun
08-06-2011, 09:56 AM
So very sorry. :cry: xx

Gemmapookie
08-06-2011, 10:01 AM
We are leaving now

Im so sorry to hear Aisling hasnt improved over night :cry: Please let us know how it goes at the vets xxx

I just want to say, you have dealt with far more than any bunny mummy should have to over the past few weeks :( You and your furry family have had one knock after another, but you never give up. You keep fighting for them and for that I admire you deeply. Keep going xxx

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
08-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. :( Thinking of you and Aisling, bless her.x

NLENG2000
08-06-2011, 10:30 AM
So sorry Jane, thinking of you, Aisling and Mr Bean xx

sparklefairy
08-06-2011, 10:37 AM
so sorry Jane :(

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Laura has admitted Aisling. She, Laura, said that Aisling's abdomen is no longer giving as much pain, although that could be due to the fact that Aisling has been having regular Vetergesic.

Laura does not think that the symptoms tie in with Pancreatitis

Neither does she think that Dental issues are the primary problem, although now, after almost 5 days of anorexia, Aisling's molars are very long and sharp.

So, I have a Rabbit who,despite ongoing treatment 24/7, has not eaten for almost 5 days, has past no more than 12 pinhead poos in the last 3 days, is miserable and has some abdominal pain and no-one knows why.

Laura said she will call me with regular updates

I made a complete fool of myself and just burst into tears in the consult. The events of the last few weeks have finally taken their toll :cry: :cry:

Will update when I hear from Laura

Gemmapookie
08-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Well shes in good hands atleast Jane.
I may have missed this, but is there a reason the vet doesnt want to do her teeth? Is it because she is so weak? Is there any way she can do a conscious dental on her?
Poor little love, Im sending loads of vibes for her xxx

NLENG2000
08-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Laura has admitted Aisling. She, Laura, said that Aisling's abdomen is no longer giving as much pain, although that could be due to the fact that Aisling has been having regular Vetergesic.

Laura does not think that the symptoms tie in with Pancreatitis

Neither does she think that Dental issues are the primary problem, although now, after almost 5 days of anorexia, Aisling's molars are very long and sharp.

So, I have a Rabbit who,despite ongoing treatment 24/7, has not eaten for almost 5 days, has past no more than 12 pinhead poos in the last 3 days, is miserable and has some abdominal pain and no-one knows why.

Laura said she will call me with regular updates

I made a complete fool of myself and just burst into tears in the consult. The events of the last few weeks have finally taken their toll :cry: :cry:

Will update when I hear from Laura

I hope Laura can get to the bottom of things for Aisling Jane, and at least now you can maybe have 5 mins to look after yourself, which is also very important! xx

sparklefairy
08-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Oh jane :cry: I'm sorry it's not better news:(

I have done my fair share of crying in the vets too. It's only to be expected. No one likes seeing their loved ones so poorly :(

((hugs))

Nikki26
08-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I really hope that Laura can get to the bottom of what is causing ailing so much pain. I have everything crossed for her.

I don't think anyone would blame you for getting emotional, you have been through so much recently. I hope you get some good news today. x

VickiP
08-06-2011, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't worry about crying at the vets I do that quite often, at least if she is in there it takes the pressure of you a bit and you can re-charge your batteries, fingers crossed for Aisling.

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Well shes in good hands atleast Jane.
I may have missed this, but is there a reason the vet doesnt want to do her teeth? Is it because she is so weak? Is there any way she can do a conscious dental on her?
Poor little love, Im sending loads of vibes for her xxx

I would not allow any of my Rabbits to have a conscious Dental. Laura does not think that Aisling's long sharp molars are bad enough to stop her from eating. They are the result of her not eating, not the cause.

I am afraid my head is a mess and I am so emotional right now so I apologise if this response comes across as 'blunt'. It is certainly not intentional

As a polite request, could those very pro 'conscious dentals' please refrain from starting yet another debate about them on this thread, thanks.

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-06-2011, 11:07 AM
At least Aisling is in the best hands now. Millions of vibes that they can get her eating and pooing.

I don't blame you for crying, I would have been howling by now. I don't know how you have had the strength to keep going.

Really hope you can get some much needed rest.

Thinking of you and all you bunnies. xxx

Captain Helen
08-06-2011, 11:21 AM
:( I'm so sorry Aisling hasn't improved. I really hope the vets can help her. There's nothing wrong with crying at the vets! I've been doing it constantly recently. They understand. That's why they keep a box of tissues handy!

You've been through so much recently, it may help to let it all out. Sending lots of vibes for Aisling and hugs for you xx

Mrs. Bunnykins
08-06-2011, 11:21 AM
We are hoping that things turn around for Aisling. Poor little thing.

Can you put your feet up for a while and rest?

Your batteries must be absolutely drained.

Please take care of yourself.

And you know we are here for you. x

mini lop1
08-06-2011, 11:56 AM
sending more vibes jane, and also hugs to you

Gemmapookie
08-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I would not allow any of my Rabbits to have a conscious Dental. Laura does not think that Aisling's long sharp molars are bad enough to stop her from eating. They are the result of her not eating, not the cause.

I am afraid my head is a mess and I am so emotional right now so I apologise if this response comes across as 'blunt'. It is certainly not intentional

As a polite request, could those very pro 'conscious dentals' please refrain from starting yet another debate about them on this thread, thanks.

Ok hun, I had no idea you didnt like conscious dentals sorry :oops:

I dont know either way, was just thinking aloud :wave:

Go and put the kettle on then sit on the sofa with us lot for abit Jane. Even better, have a doze! xxx

susie bun
08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Sening hugs for you Jane, and continuing vibes for Aisling. Also thinking of Mr Bean, who will be missing his lady friend. xxx

Tuckerbunnies
08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Only just read this I'm so sorry Jane sending Aisling Lots of 'healing' Vibes xxxx

Sending you a hug xxx

Blackberry & Co
08-06-2011, 12:22 PM
More healing vibes coming from me and the furries xxxxx

Elena
08-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I wish we could all descend and do a day's work cleaning out for you so you could have a day's break :(

Grin
08-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Jane, there is no hug smilies but (((hugs)))

Rhianna
08-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm not surprised you cried. I've sobbed at my vets on more than one occasion.

I so hope Laura can get to the bottom of Aisling's problem.

Sending a gentle nose rub for Mr Bean and hoping his breathing improves.

More vibes for Aisling too.

xxxx

littleboots
08-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Sending lots of good wishes for Aisling.. and hugs for you too.
Dont worry about bursting into tears in the vets.. Ive done same this morning...:cry: and I only went to pay my bill.
Its because we care so much.. nothing to be ashamed of

Gertie
08-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Please don't feel bad about the tears, Jane. When I lost my Marilyn in February I had to walk out and leave my crying partner to find out why, I was such a mess. The vet was almost crying too, they're very used to us emotional mummys and daddys. It's understandable that you're feeling so low and rundown. :(

I hope she's comfortable and I'm sure Laura is doing all she can. x

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Laura just called

Aisling is apparently quite bright and has been nibbling a bit of hay. How much of it she actually has eaten I dont know. Se has not touched any of the grass or dandelion leaves available to her.

No fecal output at all

On examination abdomen feels 'normal'

C is being contacted for her opinion and Laura will call me again later.

So, still no further forward in establishing what is wrong.

Bebopy
08-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Its good to hear Aisling is bright and having some hay. Sending more and more vibes. xxxxx

Still thinking of you during this difficult time. xx

thumps_
08-06-2011, 02:38 PM
If I can send you anything at all by fast post please pm me.
Every possible encouragement being sent to you both from here.

Gemmapookie
08-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Hay eating is a step in the right direction :thumb:

So many vibes xxx

Debster
08-06-2011, 02:58 PM
I really hope they can find what's causing this. Many more vibes for Aisling and hugs for you Jane x

Rhianna
08-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Glad Aisling is bright. Hopefully C will have an idea of where to go from here.

Sending more vibes xxxx

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Aisling is home

No treatment as neither C nor Laura can find anything wrong with her, apart from the fact that she has not eaten or poo'd for 5 days...................

She apparently ate a few herbs that C gave her and a few bits of hay.

Now back home she is flat out in a litter tray panting

I am at my wits end

Elena
08-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Jane I have some dried brambles, if you think they'll help I'll send you some :wave:

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Jane I have some dried brambles, if you think they'll help I'll send you some :wave:

Thank you but I already have some

We have tried absolutely every food type.

There IS something wrong, I just KNOW it

Elena
08-06-2011, 03:43 PM

:( I hope you get to the route of it and it ends up being something fixable.

helennnnnn
08-06-2011, 03:43 PM
:( :( :( I'm sorry they haven't found anything wrong so it can be treated.

Gemmapookie
08-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Argh it must be so frustrating :evil::cry:

Mrs. Bunnykins
08-06-2011, 03:46 PM

You are doing anything and everything for Aisling.

I am sure that you feel so exhausted and frustrated.

All we can do is hope and pray that she does start to make progress.

We send you so many power vibes.

Aisling..................come on little one. Tell Mummy what's wrong. Is there anything psychologically wrong sweetheart? Show and tell Mum. xxxxx

thumps_
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Of course there is Jane. Rabbit's don't stop eating & pooping for no reason, but we just can't find out what it is.
Have they consiered a "functional caecal impaction"? The caecum isn't impacted & feels normal, but has stopped working completely & the bunny behaves like a caecal impaction.
The orthodox treatment would be questran to bind the neurotoxins, but of course there is risk that it binds the motility drugs too so best given 2 hours after the drugs?

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Of course there is Jane. Rabbit's don't stop eating & pooping for no reason, but we just can't find out what it is.
Have they consiered a "functional caecal impaction"? The caecum isn't impacted & feels normal, but has stopped working completely & the bunny behaves like a caecal impaction.
The orthodox treatment would be questran to bind the neurotoxins, but of course there is risk that it binds the motility drugs too so best given 2 hours after the drugs?

They dont want her on any medication......................... ??

BinkyBun
08-06-2011, 04:03 PM

:shock:

How frustrating. Its horrible when our buns are ill but to not know what it is doubly upsetting. Sending her tonnes of vibes xxxxx

How are you, Jane? xx

Bebopy
08-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I hope they find out what is wrong with Aisling soon and they are able to treat her. xxxxx

ripminnie
08-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Maybe she's picking up on your stress and it's affecting her?? :? X

Barn Yard Bunnies
08-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Maybe she's picking up on your stress and it's affecting her?? :? X

I was thinking the same. Just a thought.

Liz47
08-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry that the vets can't find anything wrong to give her treatment, you are doing your best and I wish you both the best xx

mini lop1
08-06-2011, 05:24 PM
oh dear i hope you can get to the bottom of it soon and help her feel better :cry:

VickiP
08-06-2011, 05:34 PM
My vets are very anti medicating rabbits, I asked and I was told it was because they are so small and the 'natural' balance is so easily altered. I just go with what they tell me to do, it's all we can do, have faith in them, I think there comes a point when any living thing has to help itself, I hope she finds the strength to come through it, bless her.

thumps_
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM

Oh Jane - I do actually know what you're going through but I could see an alternative vet 4 days later. I'm heartbroken for you.

It feels like the world has suddenly gone crackers.

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh Jane - I do actually know what you're going through but I could see an alternative vet 4 days later. I'm heartbroken for you.

It feels like the world has suddenly gone crackers.

Aisling has just eaten some dried brambles. She has refused absolutely everything else including dried coltsfoot, dried plantain, dried raspberry leaves, dried rose petals, dried rose leaves, dried dandelion leaves, dried hawthorn. Fresh herbs, fresh hand picked grass, fresh dandelion leaves, spring greens, hay, science selective pellets, Rabbit Royale Muesli, Excel pellets...............

Getting somewhat desperate now :cry:

clutterydrawer
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Aisling has just eaten some dried brambles. She has refused absolutely everything else including dried coltsfoot, dried plantain, dried raspberry leaves, dried rose petals, dried rose leaves, dried dandelion leaves, dried hawthorn. Fresh herbs, fresh hand picked grass, fresh dandelion leaves, spring greens, hay, science selective pellets, Rabbit Royale Muesli, Excel pellets...............

Getting somewhat desperate now :cry:

Oh dear :( If there's anything else you want to try her on, or you need more bramble leaves, let me know and I can send you some. I have most things here. Would apple leaves be any good?

Hoping for a miracle for her x

shay
08-06-2011, 08:51 PM
At least she's eaten something and is fighting this with you. Nomming vibes sent Aisling's way. xx

Mrs. Bunnykins
08-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Aisling, we all hope that you start to eat very, very soon.

Have a good night's sleep little one. xxx

BinkyBun
08-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I hope she nomms a bit more soon. Sending vibes xxxxx

littleboots
08-06-2011, 09:56 PM
More vibes from me too

Jack's-Jane
08-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Only ate 4 bramble leaves

Not one single poo

What the Vets perceived as her being 'bright' is actually her being VERY agitated.

We will be back at the surgery tomorrow. She will be GA'd for a thorough oral examination. Otherwise my Rabbit is going to die of starvation and/or hepatic lipidosis

Shellypops
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Continuing with the vibes come on girl!

Captain Helen
08-06-2011, 10:10 PM
:( That must be so frustrating. Come on Aisling, please start nomming and pooping for mummy. Sending more vibes xx

thumps_
08-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Only ate 4 bramble leaves

Not one single poo

What the Vets perceived as her being 'bright' is actually her being VERY agitated.

We will be back at the surgery tomorrow. She will be GA'd for a thorough oral examination. Otherwise my Rabbit is going to die of starvation and/or hepatic lipidosis

Absolutely Jane. Is there any chance of an XR/ultrasound of her tummy at the same time? (As you know Ultrasound doesn't usually even need sedation & shows a lot that can't be seen on XR.)

jpp
08-06-2011, 11:11 PM
You're doing all you can Jane.

Hope there's better news tomorrow. Some more vibes for Aisling.
x

honey61
09-06-2011, 06:23 AM
How has Aisling been overnight... any change?
You must be at your wits end by now :cry:

Jack's-Jane
09-06-2011, 06:28 AM
No change

I am distraught and on the verge of a breakdown :cry:

Back to Vets this morning

Blackberry & Co
09-06-2011, 06:38 AM

(((hugs)))

honey61
09-06-2011, 06:38 AM
No change

I am distraught and on the verge of a breakdown :cry:

Back to Vets this morning

I am so very sorry Jane & not surprised given the circumstances recently :cry:
I really hope todays visit to the vets is more positive for you.
Will be thinking of you & Aisling xxx

Alibunmum
09-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Jane, you are wonderful with how you care for that furry family of yours. You can keep going and get her through this because she, and the rest, need you. The amount of guts and determination you have needed lately has been ridiculous, hopefully just a wee bit more to seeyou through this.

Kermit
09-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Continued vibes from me for you and all your furry family Jane xx

ripminnie
09-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Oh Jane, I don't know you but I think of you all day every day at the moment, you do an amazing job caring for your bunny family, try to stay strong for them and for you xxx I hope beyond hope that the vets find something today that they can sort. Loads of hugs x

Maizey
09-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Please try and keep strong Jane xxxxxxx.I really hope that your vets can find out what is going on with Aisling

Jack's-Jane
09-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Appointment at 0945hrs

susie bun
09-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Still thinking of you. xxx

Mrs. Bunnykins
09-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Hoping for a miracle.

xxx

GrahamL
09-06-2011, 09:16 AM
There just aren't any words Jane.

Thinking of you.

NLENG2000
09-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Will be thinking about you, let us know how you get on x

Nikki26
09-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Thinking of you both this morning. x

Alibunmum
09-06-2011, 10:34 AM
???

Gemmapookie
09-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Anxiously awaiting news xxx

Rhianna
09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Would they give Aisling an X-ray? With two of my buns it was the only way the vet eventually found out what was going on. From memory I think both had conscious X-rays so there wasn't the added risk of a GA, although they both went on to have one anyway as surgery was needed.

Sending you loads and loads of vibes.

Jack's-Jane
09-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Aisling has been re-admitted and will be having a GA/thorough oral examination.
Her abdomen is now 'normal'

She has lost 900g in less than 24 hrs

Given that she has barely eaten or poo'd since Sunday morning a GA is a very high risk. But there is no alternative.

clarebear
09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Keeping fingers and paws crossed here for Aisling xx

Blackberry & Co
Lots of positive vibes heading her way x

Gemmapookie
Oh I hope this finally gets to the bottom of her problems Jane.

Sending loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hugo's There
09-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I haven't followed the whole thread, too long for me :oops:, but just wanted to say I feel your frustration and upset :(

We have had several bunnies where we know something is wrong but the vets just can't find out what it is. X-rays, US and bloods all come back clear but something isn't right. I find it the most awful situation in the world as when a bunny is sick all you want to do is help, but if you don;t know whats wrong you can't :cry:

I try to find some small comfort in the fact that we have tried everything and if diagnostics haven't shown anything we can easily treat then we have done our best by the bunny. I still feel terrible but it helps a little.

I hope you can find some small comfort in that too and that this Ga/ dental finally reveals the problem.

Fingers firmly crossed here xx

KoShiatar
09-06-2011, 11:20 AM
What will the vet do other than check her teeth while she is under GA? Maybe x-rays to see her cecum?
I hope Aisling can get better, or have a peaceful passing if she is beyond all hope...

Mrs. Bunnykins
09-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Come on Aisling........................xxxxxx

You need a miracle.

Nikki26
09-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Loads of vibes. xx

sparklefairy
09-06-2011, 11:32 AM
aww :( what a worry for you.

Thinking of you and Aisling

((hugs))

Xxx

KateB
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Thinking of you and Aisling & Mr Bean

NLENG2000
09-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Fingers crossed they can finally get to the bottom of the problem. Let us know when you hear back from them xx

Nicola1
09-06-2011, 12:13 PM
sending lots of vibes for her, I hope the vet finds some answers for you xxxxxxxxxx

ripminnie
09-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Sending millions more vibes and hugs x

Elena
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
:( I hope they get the root of the problem :(

Tuckerbunnies
09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Topping up the Vibes for Aisling xxxx

Thinking of you Jane xxxx

Becki xX
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Have you heard how she is, Jane? Not read whole thread as at work but Thinking of you xx

Bebopy
09-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Sending lots of positive vibes. xxxxxx

steveg
09-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Jane, you poor soul. I've just read this thread from start to finish, what a terrible, terrible situation to be in.

I'm thinking of you both and praying for a happy outcome.

Barn Yard Bunnies
09-06-2011, 03:12 PM
A million vibes for Aisling. xxx