• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

escaped bun

Hc1

Mama Doe
neighbour knocked on door about an hour ago. All 3 buns had tunnelled out into her garden, from where they got through some more gardens into the woods. Got 2 back, but one still missing. Getting worried. She's escaped a couple of times before and always come back.

Have you been out looking? It's possible the same route she left by isn't available or something scared her in the wrong direction. A torch lights up buns eyes well at night so now's a good time to search undergrowth.

Been up and down the road a few times. She's usually been running around one of the neighbour's gardens ( I have understanding neighbours!) She did go into the woods, but didn't stay there long. Doesn't help that she doesn't seem to like humans and won't come to me. I can only chase her back andhope for the best :(

She's back home :) did a daylight search of the woods and the park across the road. Got barked and growled at by a big scary dog, and scratched to pieces by jabby bits of undergrowth. Was beginning to despair and when I got home, there she was sat in the garden, hungry but otherwise ok!

underground is the problem - too many diggable bits. I feel mean but I'm going to have to keep them confined to the back half of the garden, as they can't escape from there. Last bunny wasn't interested in digging, so she could have the whole garden to roam in. But these little monkeys... :D

I'm glad she came back unharmed. :D:D She probably won't thank you for it, but it's definitely best to confine her to the safe part of the garden. :thumb:

Dig out around the perimeter of the garden to about 1ft down. Install either wire mesh, wood or bricks. Helps deter them. That or take up all the lawn, lay mesh under the turf then relay it. Grass can grow happily, but bunnies can't dig out.

Back