• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What size pen

I would say the smallest but it's best to have a pen that you can keep on extending which I'm guessing you have? x

Ive got 2 :D They cant be arranged in any shape like yours can, theyre supposed to be like an octogan, but i just use cable ties to make them how i need them :)

ETA:

I could kick the puppy out of her dog crate for the night, she can have a pen instead :lol:

I would say the 2X4.

When I was trying to bond my three (ended up with a pair and a single in the end) I started with a 2X4 c&c cage (each cube is 14inches so two inches over a foot) then I made it smaller to a 2X3 and then even smaller to a 2X2 (again c&c cage sizes)

I wouldn't use the dog crate, you need something really easy to get to the buns.

Are you going to wait until Sky is speyed?

I would say the 2X4.

When I was trying to bond my three (ended up with a pair and a single in the end) I started with a 2X4 c&c cage (each cube is 14inches so two inches over a foot) then I made it smaller to a 2X3 and then even smaller to a 2X2 (again c&c cage sizes)

I wouldn't use the dog crate, you need something really easy to get to the buns.

Are you going to wait until Sky is speyed?

Thanks, how come your pens got smaller rather than bigger? Im guessing it was a bit tricky? I can make it even smaller if i have to.

No, ill be doing it once shes fully vaccinated and put a little more weight on. Im going to the vets next week and im going to discuss spaying with her. Hopefully, ill be able to spay her before too many problems arise.

Thanks, how come your pens got smaller rather than bigger? Im guessing it was a bit tricky? I can make it even smaller if i have to.

No, ill be doing it once shes fully vaccinated and put a little more weight on. Im going to the vets next week and im going to discuss spaying with her. Hopefully, ill be able to spay her before too many problems arise.

Sorry should of said. I just knew that it was too much for my boys. The 2X2 worked great and even though it does sound tiny they had alot of room compared to some pictures I see on here.

I agree, start off smaller and slowly extend. Too much space too fast can be a total disaster :shock:

Back