• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hopefully turned a corner...

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
with mary and zoidberg, we let them out in the run but laid down carpet over the grass, there was no fighting, but not only that they seemed to enjoy being with one another, and we put them away about 40 minutes ago and they were grooming one another, we went back out just now and they were still grooming one another. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but i really hope they're getting along now. :love:

I think their relationship is just taking somewhat longer trying to working out each other.

Are they what I would call intelligent bunnies? 7/8/9 out of 10 mensa wise.

All bunnies are intelligent but to different degrees.

P1000582.jpg

This was them earlier in the run... :love:

P1000585.jpg

This was them just now :love:

I know pictures are just a snapshot, and they've been cute before, but I really think this is different this time!

I sense an acceptance of each other.

Both being very individual but realising that they have to give and take in their relationship.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed here. xxx

I'm just going to worry when i take away the carpet! :lol:

There was a bit of chasing today, but i think it was just playing, as they would hop and turn around at the other, it's difficult to explain! :lol:

i just want to spend all my time with them, but unfortunately i have to work!!! :censored::lol:

Already looking forward to the weekend where they can spend time together and we can watch them, it's just so entertaining to watch them, we watch hardly any tv now! just sit in the conservatory watching them! :lol:

They will get there.

Some bonds are not as tight as others.

Estelle and Frankie are nowhere near as close as Estelle and Ambrose.

They are happy together though don't get me wrong.

Anyway off to bed now.

Night, night guys and gals.

Yeh you might need to move them and water down that area so that the scent goes. Its so nice to watch them together. I wish my two would get on. Mine were fine for 3 weeks together then some thing happened and the bond was broken and they just attack each other when ever they can now :( I love watching my buns, especially when i give Buster a taped up box with treats in, he goes crazy with it :lol:

Yeh you might need to move them and water down that area so that the scent goes. Its so nice to watch them together. I wish my two would get on. Mine were fine for 3 weeks together then some thing happened and the bond was broken and they just attack each other when ever they can now :( I love watching my buns, especially when i give Buster a taped up box with treats in, he goes crazy with it :lol:

:lol:

yeah i hosed it down yesterday as it was raining, i'm not sure what the neighbours thought! :lol:

Hopefully by the time i remove the carpet they will be bonded, and then we can focus on increasing the space slowly....

Awww. I hope they continue to grow closer! :)

Yeah me too! i can't wait for them to be free ranging and causing havoc! :lol:

They were already trying to tear the carpet up this evening! :lol:

Ink you are increasing the space too quickly
You should of kept them in the hutch for a week and if there was no nipping chasing then move into run, if something happens then add 3 more days

Ink you are increasing the space too quickly
You should of kept them in the hutch for a week and if there was no nipping chasing then move into run, if something happens then add 3 more days

Maybe I was. They seem fine now! I've stopped letting them out on a morning.

The thing is they're fine in their hutch there has never been any chasing/nipping. Now with the carpet down in the run it appears to be working as there was no nipping etc last night.

Back