• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bob being a bit funny...

catxx

Mama Doe
They had a good leap about the garden and noms of fresh rain-fed grass. Then Bob took himself back into the grass run and sat in the corner by the gate, ate a fenugreek crunchie, but sat there for at least an hour. Just shoo'd him and pat back into their other run and shut off the grass run, he didn't want me anywhere near him :( managed to pick him up and check his bottom, which was immaculate from what I could tell (he had a bit of a kick, not a fan of me picking him up), and he's still doing beautiful golden poops (and scattering them when I tried to get him).

Do you think he overdid it on the fresh grass? Or overheard me talking about their vet trip on Wednesday morning for myxi vaccs and is now throwing a strop?

he not a happy bun bun :( hope the grass just gave him a little tummy ache and he'll be ok in the morning, if not, to the vets a day early.

he's sitting in the litter tray looking grumpy, he's had his dinner and was gobbling grass too before he went grumpy. he is pooping still.

went out and gave him a gentle tummy rub, he's been hopping between litter trays (under duress - leave me alone!) and his ears pricked at me - mainly as it's dark and I am not meant to be there when it's dark. he had a little groom of himself too.

Last edited:
Can you stay up and keep a wee eye on him? My stasis prone bunny also goes a bit "funny" before an episode but if your lad is still eating and drinking OK maybe something has just spooked him? Is it possible a cat has walked by or something?

He's not really acting scared, just grumpy, and Pat keeps on bounding around as normal. :(

I'm so tired, but I'm going out to check on him again. I never see him drinking and he's not eating at the moment, but he filled his face with grass earlier.

Hmmm can you offer him a wee treat that he really likes? Sadly the second warning bell for my Honey is the refusal of treats.

Sounds a lot like Smudge when he starts into stasis. If he refuses treats I would be a but concerned and would probably whisk hm off to the emergency vet.

Thank geebus for fenugreek crunchies. Got him to have a bounce about. He got a bit fed up with me. As I left I popped half a crunchie in the hay next to him, he dug it out and ate it.

Hopefully he'll be brighter in the morning and he just over did it on the grass.

Thank geebus for fenugreek crunchies. Got him to have a bounce about. He got a bit fed up with me. As I left I popped half a crunchie in the hay next to him, he dug it out and ate it.

Hopefully he'll be brighter in the morning and he just over did it on the grass.

Hurrah indeed. I'm down to the last one here, but a delivery is expected tomorrow. Hope Bob will be his usual self in the morning.

he's now sitting upstairs and I can just make out in the gloom long strings of hay disappearing into his gob...

went to check on them one last time, he was first to bound over, stick his paws up on the bars and beg for treats - they both nommed a mint leaf happily and bounded off again.

the OH claims he was right, he just needed a poop, male intuition.

He is! Inhaled breakfast and hay, chased Pat about, all back to normal, phew! They have the vets tomorrow anyway.

Back