• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging

Alicia

Mama Doe
Archie and Molly have started digging in their run. They only recently started to do this, and they have loads of toys, do you think they're bored? They are on grass because I can't put them on slabs and Mum and Dad won't let me put mesh underneath the grass. Do you think a digging box would distract them from digging in the run? How do I make a digging box?

Archie and Molly have started digging in their run. They only recently started to do this, and they have loads of toys, do you think they're bored? They are on grass because I can't put them on slabs and Mum and Dad won't let me put mesh underneath the grass. Do you think a digging box would distract them from digging in the run? How do I make a digging box?

Rabbits are supposed to dig, so maybe they're happy!?

A digging box might help but mine have never used one, but I guess it's worth a shot!?

Sorry I've not been that helpful!

For a digging box I have a large outdoor planter filled with a mixture of compost and sand. I then mix in some pellets and a couple of willow sticks to give them treasure to find!

You have to regularly sift through it for poo though because it becomes like an extra litter tray!

You need mesh on the run really cos if rabbits can dig out a fox could dig in. Could you ask your parents why they don't want mesh underneath?

Back