• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Views on probiotic/prebiotic?

Rabkat

Warren Scout
Was at the vets again today with my little old man. Some of you may remember Slick wasn't pooping and I whisked him off to the vets a couple of weeks ago. Well I still wasn't very happy even after being told he was ok, and at 11 years old, he's just slowing down, but things haven't improved even though I have been trying so much to get him interested in hay, which he really isn't. Last Friday and Saturday I syringe fed him some pineapple juice and Sunday he pooped, dark brown but wet looking. So the vet wasn't overly worried about him, seems to be at his age, they just leave them, but he did say I could try Pro-fibre, so I've given some to him when we came home and now I'm waiting. Has anyone had success with this? he's fine really, drinking enough and eating his veggies and his pellets.

Thanks Blackberry, I've been looking around and I see some you use probiotics, I think it will take a few days before I know if it's helping him. :D

Yes, i have used Pro-Fibre with success.
My Inca was really skinny and was producing runny poo. I used pro fibre and i feel that it helped to control her poo and get a bit of weight on.
It took a few days to control the poo, but weeks to notice a weight change.

I have stopped giving her them for the last two weeks and she seems to be ok :)

These are great when a bun is not eating much hay as they have a good fibre content.

I read that on the tub, so just mixed some in with his ordinary pellets, he has actually picked out the ordinary ones and left the pro-fibre, talk about fussy. :roll: He must be pooping somewhere, no way could he go days on end with hardly a bullet to be seen, yet I've looked everywhere and can't find them.:?

Back