• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant papillon temperament?

animal_mad89

Young Bun
Hi,

I'm new on here, so sorry if this isn't in the right section. I was wondering if anyone has a giant papillon rabbit, and could tell me what their temperament is like. As there doesn't seem to be much information about them online, but I have heard different things such as they are quite stubborn and others have said they are laid back. Also do they get along with smaller rabbits?

Thanks for any help

It very much is just down to each rabbit. A rescue could tell you more about their personality if you enquired bout rabbits there.

They can get on with smaller rabbits, but for a bond to have the highest chance of working both rabbits must be neutered :)

Each rabbit has their own personality.

Toffee was huge the size of a small to medium dog, loved Teasel [Nethie cross and teeny]. You will need a lot of space- Toffee started as a house rabbit but preffered to house break and cost me a fortune so he ended up in a giant rabbit hutch inside a large shed with attached run. As long as he had plenty to do, time to romp round the garden and a dog basket to flop in when tired out he was great. I bought a huge extra strong dog crate for the worst of the winter for him. If he had to shed bound he would gnaw, throw his toys about thump and plain sulk.

If your serious about taking on a giant talk with rescues who rehome them and get real advice as to what you would be taking on.

As Steph said rabbits vary in temperament the same as people do. In general larger buns tend to be a bit more laid back but it really does vary

Thanks for the advice. I thought that personality might vary with the individual rabbit and don't worry I am not jumping into this without thinking. I have had rabbits for the past twenty years but never giants. We have just finishing converting an avairy into a massive hutch, with the rabbit having free range of the garden during the day :D

Back