• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet fee's - should I have been warned?

Not sure if anyone remembers this thread:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288943

I have had an answer regarding the £17 in patient fee, but still waiting for an answer regarding medicine etc.

Apparently this £17 a day in patience fee (on top of the day and night fee coming to around over £20) is a new fee they have brought in recently.

Surely this should have been communicated to me at the time, or some form of notice within the reception to explain these new charges. I had the cheapest (up to 10 mins) somethings they charge you for up to an hour.

I hate query prices at the vets as it's makes me sound like I don't care about my animals (which is very un true) and I know they have to run a vets as a business. I just feel that £40 a day just to have you rabbit stay at the vets before you take into account any treatment etc is excessive.

I'm waiting for the vet to ring me back regarding metacam but I may mention the above cost to him as well (only spoke to the receptionist).

Going forward I can accept this charge and I can make an informed decision regarding my rabbits.

i just read your other thread. going by my old vets i always thought that the daily hospital fee was standard and that any meds are given by injection at a large cost :oops: is it not normal practice then??

i just read your other thread. going by my old vets i always thought that the daily hospital fee was standard and that any meds are given by injection at a large cost :oops: is it not normal practice then??

Yeah a daily hospital fee is normal (and I get charged a night fee) but they have brought in an additional daily fee for up to 10 mins with the vets.

With my vet's the med's are normally given the best way they see fit - this is all I'm query with them. If they had reason to give her metacam via injection rather than liquid far enough.

oh i see, i cant remember whether there was an extra charge for seeing the vet so there probably wasnt one :oops: i do remember the emergency vets charged the hospital fee ever 5 hours or so tho :shock:

hope the vet gives you some decent answers :wave:

Back