• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing... Clover (Wild baby) Videos added pg4

Bellatrix18

Warren Scout
This is my new little bun and I'm pretty sure he's a wildie. I've decided on the name Clover for him. He (or she!) was caught by a cat (See this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291732 )

Luckily Clover is quite old and seems to be eating a bit and drinking but is not fully weaned yet (only about 3 weeks old) I'm hoping he can be released and am in contact with a rescue to see what his chances are but until then here's some photos... I try not to handle him much but snapped a few quick shots when I could :)

I'm a bit worried about how easy to handle he is, especially since I've spent as little time with him as possible. I hope he doesn't have to be a 'pet' as he deserves a chance at freedom. I'd feel cruel keeping him unless it was the only option for his survival.

Well here he is :D

This one shows his size quite well. (I have quite small hands too)
2011-06-05_19-41-11_641.jpg

DSCF2782.jpg

Here you can't quite tell but he's licking my hand :shock:
DSCF2795.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning! I know the standard procedure is to release but with being so human friendly already I personally would be a bit worried about release.

We have just seen the vets with Pippin (our 6 week old Wild bun) and he is a he officially . . perhaps if Clover is a she they could be a happy couple? Though I know how wonderful they are so cannot imagine you parting with Clover even to live with another wildie. We will be keeping Pippin as a free range indoor/outdoor but locked in at night away from the foxes.

Stunning! I know the standard procedure is to release but with being so human friendly already I personally would be a bit worried about release.We have just seen the vets with Pippin (our 6 week old Wild bun) and he is a he officially . . perhaps if Clover is a she they could be a happy couple? Though I know how wonderful they are so cannot imagine you parting with Clover even to live with another wildie. We will be keeping Pippin as a free range indoor/outdoor but locked in at night away from the foxes.

Yes, I would be very concerned about that, too. What a beautiful baby bunny. I have a half-wildie I rescued and reared - he's beautiful too, but very possessive of me!

When you say 'not fully weaned yet' are you syringe feeding milk? We used double strength Cat powder milk with Avipro added for gut flora.

:love::love::love:

I hope you keep him, if he stays so tame. It would be different if he was scared or unhappy, but he looks settled to me :lol:

Well from what you've all said it looks like I have another rabbit :shock:

perhaps if Clover is a she they could be a happy couple? Though I know how wonderful they are so cannot imagine you parting with Clover even to live with another wildie.

Thanks :) but I do love little clover already and was dreading having to release him so if there is the chance to keep him I think I might have to go for it! He's already in my heart :love:

I couldn't believe it when Clover started licking my hand. I guess s/he's just so lonely without her mum and siblings and is taking comfort in me. Poor little bun :( (or maybe I just tasted nice!)

I'll just have to give extra snuggles now to make sure s/he isn't lonely ;)

:love::love: Pippin also licks us - particularly my partner who was the one who had charge of syringe feeding when he was tiny. from what I understand they need LOTS of space and very little (or no) cage time unless by choice ..

It is such a privilege to have them!

You have to keep him.:love:

We almost kept a wildy last year, before we got Bella, but we let him go:(:)
He was watching the Drag racing at Santa Pod by the race track, so I moved him to the back field. It was very tempting to keep him. I called him Warren. As it turns out Warren is a Hare, so it was lucky we didn't take him home. He is hopefully a Daddy to lots of babies and we see them running around the grounds at Pod now and again:D:love:

its amazing that Pippin licks too! Maybe it is a wild bunny thing. I never knew a wild animal could be so loving and sweet!

Wow a baby hare! It lovely that he had a happy ending and you get to see him and his friend hopping around! I'm jealous that you have a field behind your house. All I have is a busy road and a lot of brambles...

Clover will either be outside in a 16x6 foot area or inside free ranging in our house (Probably a house bun as I've always wanted one and I hate to think what my grumpy boy Mork would make of another rabbit in his shed!) Do they do ok as house buns?? I'm guessing the hallway will become a bunny race track!

My OH doesn't like the name Clover so wants to call him Jim instead :roll: (we're not calling him Jim!!)

Last edited:
Well he'd either be outside in a 16x6 foot area or inside free ranging in our house (Probably a house bun as I've always wanted one and I hate to think what my grumpy boy Mork would make of another rabbit in his house!) Do they do ok as house buns?? I'm guessing the hallway will become a bunny race track!

My OH doesn't like the name Clover so wants to call him Jim instead :roll: (we're not calling him Jim!!)

might be an idea to PM Tamsin as she has a wildy who is adult called Scamp so she can help with what future might bring in way of behaviour!

I thought when i saw you'd named this little bun it would be a keeper, I'm sure this little rabbit will be hard work but I can understand how you'd want to keep him/her. I hope it works out, one thing is certain little Clover will live longer in captivity.:)

I thought when i saw you'd named this little bun it would be a keeper
Lol :oops: I blame peer pressure!

I don't know why i want this little terror! She (or he! can't wait til bun is sexed!!) is already a cheeky madam. She can't even clean her nose properly (every time she tries she falls head first :love: ) but she already runs up to the bars to see me and tries to make sneaky escapes when I'm not looking. She seems like she's growing out of her cat carrier already and is Soooo fast, even at this age. I'm scared of what she'll be like all grown up!! :shock:

I think I'm in love :)(

Last edited:
Well from what you've all said it looks like I have another rabbit :shock:

Thanks :) but I do love little clover already and was dreading having to release him so if there is the chance to keep him I think I might have to go for it! He's already in my heart :love:I couldn't believe it when Clover started licking my hand. I guess s/he's just so lonely without her mum and siblings and is taking comfort in me. Poor little bun :( (or maybe I just tasted nice!)

I'll just have to give extra snuggles now to make sure s/he isn't lonely ;)

Now why doesn't that surprise me?:lol:

we used a warmed snuggle safe with fluffy cover for Pippin long after he actually needed the warmth - also a teddy bear that is very large and floppy and an old cashmere jumper that belonged to my OH - those three things get transferred with him everytime he is moved to a new cage or given time in a run outside so he always has things he is used to and smell of him and us.

Back