• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run out of Hay- can anyone recommend a hay supplier in west yorkshire please?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I called for my usual two bales of hay this week and they have run out!!!

The only place i know does next day delivery is £20 a bale, which seems ridiculous after paying £6 a bale.

Can anyone recommend a good supplier in west yorkshire who would be happy to deliver two bales to me.

Bales of about 21kg.

Thanks alot x

from what i remember you are out bradford way??

if you have transport just call to some stables and ask them for some. i have in the past got plenty from stables near tong garden centre.

pudsey agricultural supplies deliver but not sure of prices.. :)

tel; 0113 2570719

from what i remember you are out bradford way??

if you have transport just call to some stables and ask them for some. i have in the past got plenty from stables near tong garden centre.

pudsey agricultural supplies deliver but not sure of prices.. :)

tel; 0113 2570719

Hi,

Yes we are in the bradford postcode area.
I don't have any transport unfortunately.
I'll look into the ones that deliver.

Thankyou very much x

I bulk buy to stop this happening. I at most, have around 9 bales of hay. Once I get to 3, I order another 6 for the following weekend. Maybe you should find a local farm/livery where this will be possible. At least then you have X amount of bales rather than 0 when you enquire, for the "just incase" times.

I bulk buy to stop this happening. I at most, have around 9 bales of hay. Once I get to 3, I order another 6 for the following weekend. Maybe you should find a local farm/livery where this will be possible. At least then you have X amount of bales rather than 0 when you enquire, for the "just incase" times.

I was ordering 6 at a time, but had a problem with the storage area, so had to stop buying like this.

I didn't realize places like where i order from would literally run out of hay. Worst case senerio i can buy 3kg bales x 14. Just works out rather expensively.

Alot of Farms/Liveries like our own use haylage for the horses no hay :( & also don't deliver.

I get mine from Burnhill Feeds in Cleckheaton. They do deliveries. Not sure what hay supplies they have left - they seemed to be getting a bit low a couple of weeks ago. If they have some but don't want to deliver just hay, PM me and I may be able to help if you are not too far away.

Back