• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Chloe please. UD: I think we are winning!!!!

MichG

Mama Doe
Just got back from vets with Chloe, she has stasis :( Had metaclopramide and sub cut fluids and some pain relief, now about to syringe feed her some critical care.

Vibes please :(

Last edited:
She has had a few poops :D all irrgular shaped and one had little white worms in so am going to start the Lapizole as well. She hates her syringe feeds but she has no option. Her belly has also started to feel more solid but she did eat a strawberry leaf so I am trying to keep positive. I only lost Jack in April to impaction so I am really scared of losing Chloe too :cry:

So went back tot he vet this morning for more metaclopramide and fluids and she is now impacted in the stomach :cry: The only thing she will eat is strawberry leaves so I went and bought a bit strawberry plant for her and she has started to slowly nibble on the leaves.

Strange thing is she will only poo in the carrier and while in the car... I took her for a drive around at 2.30 this morning and I am going to take her out again in a little while. She is not eating anything else or drinking so I have syringed her a sachet of Bio lapis but she freaks out when I try to give her the critical care.

I just want her to get better, and it is frustrating that she seems to be getting worse. I just don't know what to do. Taking her into the vets for 4 again just for a car ride and I am going to ask the vet to x ray her, not that I know if that willl help or not. I feel so helpless. The only rabbit I have had that has ever had this died so I have no idea how long it takes for the treaments to work.

I am stressed out and exhausted.

Sorry I can't suggest anything more but have you tried letting her lap a little cooled peppermint tea? My stasis prone bunny seems to like doing this when she's unwell and I think peppermint is generally good for the gut.:(

Sorry I can't suggest anything more but have you tried letting her lap a little cooled peppermint tea? My stasis prone bunny seems to like doing this when she's unwell and I think peppermint is generally good for the gut.:(

No I haven't tried that. Will nip to Sainsburys as soon as I get her back home again.

Now leaving.

Oh no, that sounds sooo stressful :cry: Its the worst feeling in the world feeling so helpless, on top of which you're probably sleep deprived :cry:

You might want to PM JacksJane for advise about impaction, I know shes successfully gotten a bun through it before. I would think hydration is very important. Let us know how you get on at the vets, sending tons of vibes xxxx

And a huge HUG for you :wave:

sorry to hear she's still so poorly:(

fluids - pain relief - metaclop....did you say she was having these daily?

i find that eric will eat things like dill when he's off colour - and carrot tops. i hope she improves soon. it is exhausting to get them through this:( hugs xxx

Back