• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

need help bunny got lump

raverbabs

New Kit
hey guys i resuced a male bunny about 5 mths ago he had jsut been neuted but today i noticed he has a large hard mass on his belly startin near were the scare from the neutiring am a little worrid goin to take him the vets got a apiontment tomorrow anyone got any ideas what it could be ty:cry:

I think you are doing totally the right thing by getting him to a vet.

How long ago was he neutered?

It's possible he has an infection of sorts, but its impossible for us to say obviously, as i am sure you can understand.

When my male was neutered, he had a haematoma (sp?) in one of the testicles, which filled with blood and solidified. This however disappeared after ~2-3 weeks on its own, after a vet trip confirmed it.

Hope this helps, and lots of vibes for your bunny and you :)

hey there,

im not sure what it could be but your doing the right thing by taking your bun to the vets tomorow, the vet should be able to tell you what the lump is.

Sending vibes x

ty guys i would say he was done about 5 half mths ago as he still had abit of a scab left when i rescued him he is eating and drinking but just noticed today he has abit of weeping eye and soft stools i so worrid about him jsut wish i could go today to the vets hate this waiting

Okay, that may change things a little as that is quite a long time ago.

How long has the lump been there do you know? If not, not a problem.

There are so many things it could be, but a vet trip is definately the best route to take. I take it there is no chance of getting to a vet today?

cant into the vets till tomorrow they are fully booked the person i rescued him from said yes he was upto date in everything but havin secound thoughts now i cant say how long the lump has been there if fact it is long would say about at least an inch in lenght skin is pink and looks inflammed he is happy in me pikin him up etc jsut hopein it nothing to serious would hate that :cry:

is he eating, drinking and pooping?

it could be many things but it does need checking out. could you perhaps explain the symptoms to your vet and ask them to squeeze you in today?

a lot of vets will usually accommodate an urgent case:)

he is eating fine but his pop has gone bit soft today not badly deff goin to take him tomorrow just woundered if anyone on here has had the same prob after there bein neutred

It may be a hernia

I would call the Vet again and ask for him to be seen today. *If* it is a hernia it needs prompt treatment.

Alternatively it might be a reaction to the suture material or even an infection. Again, both are not 'normal' and prompt veterinary attention is required.

Back