• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cant tell if JaJa is a he/she ??

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
Been told when i got JaJa that he is a male but last night i went to have a look for myself

i have compared his bits to images online but the little thing that pops out could be either female or male bits its so hard to tell :shock:

i want to know before i take him to the vets so that i dont get embarresed when i get told that he is actually a she.

Any tips?

JaJa is around about 10 weeks old now

There's no need to be embarrassed if you go to the vet not knowing! I would just go and say "well I was told he was a boy, but I'm not 100% sure". They will look anyway! Mine was prodded and examined the first couple of times I took him to the vet!

Thanks for that :) thats the one i used last night, still cant decide :oops:

It can be very difficult.

Do you live near any other experienced RU members who may be able to come round and help you identify?

Is it worth asking a vet when you are there next? :)

Around ~12 weeks you may notice plums if he is a he!

There's no need to be embarrassed if you go to the vet not knowing! I would just go and say "well I was told he was a boy, but I'm not 100% sure". They will look anyway! Mine was prodded and examined the first couple of times I took him to the vet!

your totally right! I think also i would just like to know now because im unpatient :lol: and cant wait for the vet to tell me. Also im so use to calling JaJa a boy, would be strange to find out that hes a she

It can be very difficult.

Do you live near any other experienced RU members who may be able to come round and help you identify?

Is it worth asking a vet when you are there next? :)

Around ~12 weeks you may notice plums if he is a he!

well he has the vet next monday so i will just have to be patient and wait till then :lol:

Fear not. It took about a month for there to be any consensus as to Buckley's gender. Even the vets couldn't agree :shock:

I agree don't be embarressed. My vet told me Bluebell was a girl, hence his very feminate name! :lol:

Don't worry, we thought Jasmine was a girl until he was about 1, by which point, a name change seemed silly! :shock:

Back