• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy (Foster) Gotcha Day to the millions! (or, well, 5)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
One year ago today I had the pleasure of taking on a litter of babies from Kris. People may or may not remember them.

This is how they looked when they arrived.

Socks
FosterLitter71Socks.jpg

Fizz
FosterLitter55Fizz.jpg

Flame
FosterLitter58Flame.jpg

Flare
FosterLitter66Flare.jpg

Wish
FosterLitter49Wish.jpg

This was their last day as a 5
FosterLitter1275.jpg

Socks went off to a lovely new home. I don't have any recent pictures of him. *hint* maybe someone will post some.

Flare became Hazel and also went off to a lovely new home. Sadly, he lost his life on the 30th October 2010. This is how he looked when he left here.
FlareandClover10-07-2951.jpg
Maybe someone might want to post some of the more recent pics of Hazel, before he died.

Fizz went off to a new home, and then was surrendered back to me, and sadly died 10th January this year, as my bunny, but on his way to where he was supposed to go- which was Hazel's home. He is now buried with Hazel, where they can Rest In Peace together. This was the day he died.
Fizz31.jpg

I got the pleasure of keeping SwishWish and FlameyFace and what a pleasure it is. I've not posted pics for ages because I wanted Hazel's owner to see them before I posted pics, but that looks like it may be a while away, and they deserve a post today.

Wish
20110605_14.jpg

FlameyFace
20110605_12.jpg

The three living bunnies, especially Wish, have survived beyond all odds. Wish was not expected to last the week here, let alone a whole year.

I'd like to raise my glass (of water :lol:) to Hazel and Fizz and their memory, and to many happy more years for Socks, Wish and Flame.

Cheers.

Happy Gotcha Day Guys! :)

I'm sorry the 5 of you aren't still all here, but you experienced love in your time here in our world :)

Here's to more good times for the remaining three.

You're little sister sends her love :wave: :love:

Sky - you can really see Wish's odd posture in that picture - can you still really notice it in person these days?

Happy Gotcha Day Guys! :)

I'm sorry the 5 of you aren't still all here, but you experienced love in your time here in our world :)

Here's to more good times for the remaining three.

You're little sister sends her love :wave: :love:

Sky - you can really see Wish's odd posture in that picture - can you still really notice it in person these days?

I'm not sure what you mean, although she does look odd because she was turning round and walking off.

I'm not sure what you mean, although she does look odd because she was turning round and walking off.

She always had an 'odd' posture, almost like she wasn't built right when we've talked before?

That picture may just exagerate it in that case.

I can't remember sorry. She does have poor muscle tone so her backend can look slack- I presume this is due to the metabolic issues. She looks a pretty heathy bunny on the outside, nowadays though.

I remember them. A happy life to the three surviving siblings, and a toast to lady Wish who defied all odds and is still with us! <3

I think that was our lovely Hazel-Flare but Sky-O will have to confirm.
Yes its a great moment caught forever.

Yes. Binky King Flare, as he was at the time. :)

These bunnies, all of them, are just awesome. I'm so lucky I had the pleasure of their company for whatever length of time they were with me.

And Meadowsweet, thank you for posting those pictures :)

Back