• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm shocked!

Nelly the nethie (reserved to Jodes on here) has surprised us all this morning! She was due to be spayed today so I went to get her in her carrier. Picked her up and put her in the box. Thankfully I decided to open all the doors of the hutch and saw a nest with wiggly babies in!

I was not expecting that at all :shock:

wow! do you know who the daddy is?!

Sadly not as her background doesn't add up now. She came from another rescue. She went to them and they were told her sister had died and they no longer wanted her. I think this was a lie as she is a year old, so they would have bred before if the sister was male.

She was reserved by Jodes a few weeks ago, however our vets had a massive backlog due to a vet being on holiday and another off ill we waited until now to get her spayed. So thankful we did as although we say if they find babies in the womb of any female, to close her up again there is always a high risk the babies will not survive. Also thankful that she was due today and not later on in the week as she would have been opened up today!

I am STILL in shock lol:shock::DBut totally:D I told digs,being adoptive father if course ;)
There was us thinking bad things but I'm over the moon..they will be little stunners!! :love::love::love::love:
Lots of livings and snuggled to the proud mother xx

I am STILL in shock lol:shock::DBut totally:D I told digs,being adoptive father if course ;)
There was us thinking bad things but I'm over the moon..they will be little stunners!! :love::love::love::love:
Lots of livings and snuggled to the proud mother xx

I think they will be pretty babies. I wonder how many there are! :)

Wow, a shock indeed!! :shock: So glad to hear the vets were too busy to spay last week and she gave birth this morning... perfect timing! Hope the little ones and mum are all doing well :D

Back