• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sue went to the Bridge this morning

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
My darling Sue has gone to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her companion, Peggy:(:(

When I gave the buns their breakfast this morning Sue was huddled in a corner of her hutch and showed no interest in noms at all - most unSuelike. I fed the other buns and went back to her and picked her up. I was horrified at how thin she was - it is like she had lost weight overnight. She barely moved.

I brought her indoors and syringed her some water but she wasn't interested. I worked last night and was on-call until 8.00 am this morning so cuddled Sue until then. She was mainly lifeless but occasionally moved a little. I popped her on my bed while I got dressed and once I was off-call 'phoned the out of hours vet.

I tried to hold Sue on my lap while I drove but I couldn't so had to put her on the passenger seat. She was wrapped in a towel and the traffic was heavy so I kept stroking her when I was waiting in traffic. I kept thinking she had died and then she moved a little.

When I got to the vet I asked for her to be PTS. He checked her eyes and said they weren't reactive. I asked for her to be sedated first and while he was preparing the syringe Sue died. It was very peaceful and I only knew because the vet couldn't feel a heart beat.

She is being privately cremated so I can put her ashes with Peggy's.

I was incredibly calm this morning and didn't cry until I got to the vet. I feel guilty because I didn't put Sue in the garden on Saturday as I worked Fri night and had a bad headache and slept most of the day. She did have access to a run but stayed in her hutch.

She wasn't on any medication and I worry I could have done more for her. Her death was incredibly peaceful and I am so pleased I was with her and she didn't die alone overnight. I didn't bring her body back for the other buns to see which I know is wrong but I couldn't face bringing her home and then taking her to the vet again for the cremation.

I got the vet to cut off a piece of her fur.

I will write in Rainbow Bridge for her and Peggy when I can. Have just e-mailed my Manager and said I am taking most of the day off. I can't support other people at the moment:(

That's what I said to her while I was stroking her at the vet - I said to her that she could be with Peggy now:(

I didn't cry while I was holding her at home this morning - I don't understand why I was so calm then and now I am a tearful wreck. I hated leaving her at the vet but I know I had to. I am moving this year or next year so I didn't want to bury her.

I always think 'no more pets' when I feel like this!!

:cry:

Rhianna, you know i've followed Sue's story, and tried to comment where i could.

I am so so so very sorry for you.

Binky free Sue, no more pain, no more broken body, you will be reunited with Peggy now, you can enjoy the lovely green grass and hop and binky around with all the other bunnies, worry free.

Run free littlebun.

Hugs Rhianna.

I'm very sorry for your loss of Sue. I've read any thread with her name in the title and think all you did for her and Peggy was amazing. I followed your quad bonding closely and was so chuffed when it worked for her.

I'm also glad that her ending was peaceful, even though it is very sad for you, and her friends.

Binky Free Sue. Run free with Peggy. x

i remember how worried you were about Sue after you lost Peggy and it seems to me you did everything you could to give her a reason to carry on, and she did do well.

don't beat yourself up with what you did and didn't do, part of the grief is wondering if you did enough and you know in your heart you always gave her your best and she couldn't ask more than that.

try take a little comfort that she is with Peggy again.
thinking of you and Sue. :(

Karen I am so sorry about Sue. At least it was peaceful. Don't feel guilty about Saturday. You gave Sue a wonderful life.

Thinking of you x

i am so sorry:(

you gave these girls an amazing life - i have never forgotten them from the moment they first went into rescue.

the way that sue - and you - managed without peggy was lovely and she had lots more happy times.

sleep tight precious sue xxxxxx

Oh I'm so sorry to see this :cry: I've followed Sue since I read your bonding thread, it was lovely that she had some friends again :love: RIP and binky free little Sue xxx

I'm so sorry I didn't teext you back earlier....Rosie had hidden my phone :roll:
You did everything you could for her, and she was a very happy lucky little girl (if a little grumpy :love: ) you know where we are if you want cuddles and cake.xx

I'm so sorry hon, sending a huge hug to you.

Sue will be playing at the bridge with Peggy, keep that in your thoughts xxx

So sorry to hear this :cry::cry: I'm glad it was peaceful for her and you got to be by her side :) Binky free Sue xx

Back