• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone switched my rabbit on Saturday night...!!!

carolineclair

Warren Scout
I went to bed Saturday night having had a lovely day with my mild, affectionate house trained bunny, I woke up to a rabbit who thinks she's part of the dogs trials where there weave in and out your feet and is poo-ing everywhere, just the odd one here the odd one there, still as affectionate as ever but literally chasing me for cuddles and cowering down like a dog wagging her tail before trying to make me chase her!Now there have been occassions where she's got under my feet before, usually when I'm heading to the fridge but this is insane! Its so funny I can't really describe her fully! She's suddenly got more energyand confidence than I've ever seen, she was flopping out flat on my lap and dozing off, and didn't go behind the sofa once. What could have bought this on?? The poo everywhere I have to stop somehow, any advice?? I'm not complaining about the extra energy i love seeing her so happy, but any idea why this change? Could it be the seasons??

Is she a new bunny ?
It sounds like she's settling into her home :lol: and gained some confidence !
Is she spayed , sometimes bunnies are calmer after a spay.
My Harry is like this too we always say he acts like a dog too :L

She's been here about 2 months and always from day 1 been quite confident but she's never been like this, honestly I feel like she thinks she's a sheepdog if I'm Sat on the floor she runs round me in circles and then when walking she circles in and out my feet! So funny. She's too young to be speyed, only 4 months at the mo. These behaviours are unexpected but totally hilarious and not an issue...the pooing everywhere though I'm not sure how to stop???

Is she litter trained ?
By the sounds of it I think she fancies you :lol: I have been told by some rabbit owners I know that when a rabbit circles you it can mean he like likes you :lol:
Harry started circling me so I got him
Neutured sooner :D

I never really had to train her she just did it herself! She's just always gone back in the hutch to poop!! At 4 months are they at sexual maturity? hmm well we have been spending a lot of time together!! Haha oh dear!

They're usually sexually mature at 3 1/2 months I believe.
As for the pooing, just pick them up and put them in the litter tray.

If they're randomly scattered (single poos but millions of them everywhere) and not heavily concentrated in certain areas (like all in a circle or a pile) it could be a territorial thing. I've been told that random single poops in random areas are territorial poos.

Just put them in the litter tray and she'll eventually get it again :) Some bunnies tend to forget their good litter training habits when they reach sexual maturity :)

xoxo

They are exactly that, scattered randomly throughout the house, I feel like I'm picking them constantly...oh well good exercise!!! As for these damn hormones..shes growing up too fast, she's still a tiny little thing!! Can only laugh and love her though!!!

Lewis used to circle me ALL the time before he was neutered, I'd get on the sofa to get away from him :lol: and he'd jump up with me, and carry on the circling... but not really a circle on the sofa haha!

once shes speyed and her hormones slow down...she will stop..but she may leave the odd poo to let you know..im the boss.

i love mad bunnys:lol:

our bridge mini lop oscar was like that...we took him on aged 8 months and he humped everythinbg in sight...goose honked at my bridge kitty bumble and chased her.......also kept trying to hump nikkis arma..legs....head....whatever he got to...and hed run round her feet buzzing like a bumble bee...he pooed all over the lounge..one end to the other...and isnide his cage too.

we had him done and he still was horny as hell and nikkis shadow....and pooping all over the carpet in the lounge. By the time his hormones had died down he was THE most cleanest bunny i have ever know..and e never chewed anyting either...

does take longer for their hormones to die down..bout 6 months min.!! we had to have our first ever housebun speyed at 4 months..she took a shine to our neuter tomcat and made a nest for her and his baby..her fave soft toy cow..and plopped it in the nest:shock: she turned from funny to an agressive scary bunny....but the vet said it was normal..after all she was producing milk for her "baby" and was protecting it and her man!:oops::oops:

Well as I live alone I guess I'm the only object of affection! I'm not sure if this is related but she keeps doing this sniffy thing, its like a little sneeze but with only the little exhale of air through the nose? She's been doing it since Saturday but should I be worried about her being poorly or is this another hormonal thing? She's eating and cleaning fine, eyes and nose are clean except the littlest eye gunk the other day which I think was an eyelash in the eye. but I've read to be worried about sniffles!!?? X

Back