View Full Version : Why would they do this to me?!

06-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I got my two girls from the adoption bit at pets at home about 3 or 4 weeks ago now and yesterday I got a phone call from them as the put it "just a curtosy(sp) call to check how they are!" so I said how they are fine ect ect then the woman said they have another in adoption at mo if I'm interested a little male rabbit!!

I have no room for him but now I feel so sad and kind of obliged to take him! I've told my other half and he has said we can get a hutch ect but I don't want to become pets at homes off load for rabbits?

Am I making any sense here?! :-(

06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Maybe it's best If you went to see the male bunny first, and if you like him then tell pets at home and make it clear that you want no more ! that's really strange for pets at home to ask for that from a customer :/

06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I think they mentioned it as I have two from the adoption bit already!

I'm really torn as to what to do for the best cuz getting him will probably result in me getting him a mate at some stage so that's 4 bunnys plus I really wanted my next to come from a proper rescue! And for the time being at least he wouldn't be in a hutch run combo only a hutch!

Oh I just don't know! I know if I go see him I'll have him but I don't want to bring him home here and him miss out on a better environment from some one else!

06-06-2011, 09:09 AM
If you don't really want a bunny right know then just wait :)
Is there someone you know who would like him ?
Would he be able to be bonded to your two girls :) ?

06-06-2011, 09:12 AM
don't let them take advantage of you.

you have taken on two from there already. if you took on another, they would replace him - wonder how many times they'd ring you!!!

look after the bunnies you have:) xx

ETA ask them if he's been castrated;) if he hasn't, are they expecting you to breed??

06-06-2011, 09:25 AM
They told me on phone he is friendly but doesn't like cuddles he isn't neutered vaccinated or wormed!

My girls aren't old enough to be done yet so he couldn't go with them for a while yet!

06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
if you have the slightest doubt don't do it.
the cost of speying etc for your girls won't be cheap so can you afford another hutch and set of vet bills for another?

it is sad but it is not fair of P@H to call you like that. it's emotional blackmail in my book.

if in your heart and head you want him and its financially viable go for it, but weigh up your options and don't feel obliged.

a friend of mine once lost his parrot and found her through the RSPCA. they called him after that with every bird they got.

he ended up with 4 parrots, a cockatiel and a couple of budgies over a 6 month period! :shock:

06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
My heart says yes but my head says no! I know that if I got him and he needed vet treatment I would afford it one way or another but I haven't got the spare money just lying about for him.

Plus I really wanted my future bunnies to come from a proper rescue Place.

I just need to put him out my head I think and concentrate on my 2 girls for the time being

06-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Its sad, but I agree. Your current bunnies come first!

06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Thank you all for helping make the right choice!

06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
It's common for them to do courtesy calls - when we adopted a hammy, they took our number and said that they often follow up after a short while to make sure all is ok.

It was a little off for them to mention another bunny to you though, but you shouldn't feel obliged to take him.