• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Foster Bunny - Baboon!

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Hi RU, my name is Baboon (my owner's granddaughter tried to say bunny but it came out wrong!). My owners love me very much but they don't know alot about rabbits and got some very bad advice from the open farm where I came from.

P1130807.jpg

I have been living with Auntie Vikki for 3 weeks after she took me to the hospital - there I was neutered, had my teeth sorted out and my massive long claws trimmed. She says it was a very hard surgery because I was fat :oops: and I had cystic mammary development and uterine oedema. They sent my uterus off for histopathology and luckily I don't have cancer.

P1130815.jpg

Because I had to have such major surgery and I have not been handled much I was very stressed afterwards so wouldn't eat for 3 days, so they kept me in the hospital and I got syringe-fed, but I was a very good bun and too my food well.

P1130809.jpg

Auntie Vikki put me on a diet so I would lose weight - I have already lost 400g! She also showed me that excell and veggies are really yummy (I had never met veggies before, my owners gave me cos lettuce!) and I have even started eating hay!

P1130808.jpg

She is also very proud of me because I litter trained myself - I really like my pink litter tray and even sleep in it sometimes!

P1130813.jpg

When Auntie Vikki picked me up I was very grumpy and scared and grunted a lot and didn't like being handled, but now I quite like nose-rubs and am not scared to come out anymore when people are in the room. I even eat my veggies when people are around.

I am going back to my owners this week - Auntie Vikki doesn't want me to go because she is very fond of me, but she has taught them a lot about diet and handling and exercise. She is also getting me a new hutch as my old one is only 3ft long and the door is falling off. She says she will check up on me often too to make sure I am ok.

In the future she said maybe I can have a friend to live with, as I don't like being handled by the granddaugther and would like some company, but we have to wait til there is a proper hutch and run and everything is sorted.

Wish me luck RU! :wave::wave::wave::wave:

Back