• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our fourth bunny

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
We recently decided to extend our rabbits home by more the 100%. Whilst deciding this we wanted to rescue two more rabbits to try successfully bond together. We found a mother and baby at the RSPCA who were perfect and who our rabbits liked, unfortunatly the mother had to be PTS. We decided to find another young rabbit the same age so that she had a "sister" companion in the group. And now we have found her but we havn't got a name, so please suggest :) :

Photo0693.jpg

Photo0692.jpg

Photo0691.jpg

Photo0690.jpg

Photo0689.jpg

Photo0688.jpg

Photo0687.jpg

What do you think of her? She looks a little scrawny in the face but I haven't seen many baby rabbits, mainly adults to be fair :) I think she may also have blue eyes!

Excuss the conditions they're kept in :( The owner was breeding them for her 3-9 year old daughters for "fun" and was keeping 11 rabbits (ten of which were 7 weeks old) and some guinea pigs in the same small run! Wasn't very hygenic but were very healthy. I dread to think though!

She's so cute! :) How did you find her?

Name ideas:

Hope
Twinkle
Tinkerbell
Lily
Maisey
Mia
Molly
Poppy
Precious
Pansy
Petal

They're lovely names, thankyou!

We were despirate to find another young female of similar age (in this case, exact age) and after searching lots of rescues locally we desided to look for a good breeder. The woman seemed so genuine so we went to visit today and came across a messy run/hutch fully of lovely healthy babies and mum was is lovely condition too. I'm assuming that they let it get a little too dirtier then usualy and were going to give it a good clean that day, but with aprox 15 animals in the same area I'm not surprised at the state of it. No escuse really though. But baby was so curious and charming and friendly :) We had to put a deposit down on her!

They're lovely names, thankyou!

We were despirate to find another young female of similar age (in this case, exact age) and after searching lots of rescues locally we desided to look for a good breeder. The woman seemed so genuine so we went to visit today and came across a messy run/hutch fully of lovely healthy babies and mum was is lovely condition too. I'm assuming that they let it get a little too dirtier then usualy and were going to give it a good clean that day, but with aprox 15 animals in the same area I'm not surprised at the state of it. No escuse really though. But baby was so curious and charming and friendly :) We had to put a deposit down on her!

awww :)

More name ideas:

Candy
Sugar
Belle
Aurora

Snowflake? She's lovely. Is it worth mentioning to the RSPCA about the breeder, so they could check on conditions, in case it wasn't a one off?

aww she is so cute!

I thought Pickles when i saw the picture, but is not really a girly name. Lydia or Lucy

Gosh that place is dirty :shock: I just want to get in there and give it a good clean :oops: Theres some excess caecos lying around aswell so keep an eye out for that with your little one.

Shes a beautiful little thing, I think her names Tilly ;):love:

Gosh that place is dirty :shock: I just want to get in there and give it a good clean :oops: Theres some excess caecos lying around aswell so keep an eye out for that with your little one.

Shes a beautiful little thing, I think her names Tilly ;):love:

Well it's kind of just as well to be honest.....they've sold her to someone else despite me putting down a deposit because someone put a higher price on her!!!!!

Not happy but maybe it's for the best :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Well it's kind of just as well to be honest.....they've sold her to someone else despite me putting down a deposit because someone put a higher price on her!!!!!

Not happy but maybe it's for the best :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Grrr you must be so upset and angry :evil::evil::evil:

Have you had a look in local rescues hun?

Grrr you must be so upset and angry :evil::evil::evil:

Have you had a look in local rescues hun?

Yeah. We're adopting a rabbit from the RSPCA on saturday, we were ment to be adopting mum and baby but mum had to be put to sleep after we agreed to take her on due to unexpected horrific teeth problems that caused an abcess which was so sad :( We're still taking on baby but there aren't any other residents there suitable for us unfortunatly :( Ideally we want a young bun to accompany our new addition as adopting a pair failed (because she had to be pts). It's turning out to be so frustrating :(

Back