• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will neutred males mount a spayed female?

I think they probably will, but not out of malice, I think humping is just something some bunnies do.

When the males mount, is the female in discomfort?

It really varies a lot, some do some don't. Some doe's will hold their own and the buck if sensible will back off, some won't and will persist, i think it largely depends on the size/age etc whether it could harm the doe, you have to be a bit careful of head mounting aswell as the doe can bite the bucks bits, it's quite rare i think but can happen.

during bonding it occours to establish dominance (adn can be female mounting male at times depending on dominant bunny) also some rabbits are just more humpy arthur is very humpy and does so daily :roll: (or did before his parner died :() coco humped kitty once during bonding and have never seen him do it since exxcept when she had antibiotic cream on an abcess which made her smell funny and she growled at him.

i dont think it hurts them at all if thats your concern unless they have spinal issues. I do think that sometimes the males cling onto the females back by biting the fur with there teeth and if the female pulls away before he is done sometimes the fur can be pulled out but this doesnt occour often. x

Yup. And the female will hump back too, or sometimes it'll be the female who does all the humping.

Charlie humps Milly every day still and they've been bonded for a few months.

Back