• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do bunnies like the taste of Metacam?

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I was just reading on Flickr and quite a few people said its easy to get bunnies to take it after being spayed as they love the taste. Is this true? :wave:

Paddy ADORES Metacam - in fact, he'll lick it from a saucer, thereby negating the need for stressful syringing - result! :D

All the bunnies I've had have loved it too.

Yup....it smells like honey. Blue is a sod for stealing the syringe and running away with it :roll:

Yip, my two love the stuff. They love nearly all meds, the only thing they don't like is Baytril, you would think that they could flavour that better to make it easy for us bunny mummies.

Mine don't :lol: Honestly if I go near them with Metacam or Critical Care they're off :lol:

Nigel loves Metacam, he will seek out the syringe, and wont stop licking it until he thinks he has had it all. I think he is going to turn into a drug addict if I'm not careful! :lol::lol:

Kellogg adores Metacam I just poke the syringe through the mesh and he sucks the metacam out and then gives the syringe until there's nothing left. :love::love:

I had to give Kitten metcam and Bayril after her spay the metcam went down fine clevrey disguised in brocali florets but the bayril was a syringe jobbie!

I have tried it with 2 of my bunnies, Barney goes MENTAL for it, whereas Flops seems sceptical and i had to be quite forceful:oops:

Timmy loves Metacam, when I was giving it to Mimi for her head tilt he'd offen nab the syringe and run off under the bed with it :roll: I think she liked it aswell, she took it very easily :love:

Back