• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I almost lost Ruby today

Candiflare

Mama Doe
She leapt out of the run at Alice's (Windwhistles) while I was trying to pick her up and Bob (the dog) tried to round her up but she thought he was chasing her, so she leapt further away until I could no longer see her. Then I heard a scream.

Anyone who knows Alice's knows that it's surrounded by fields and that single track road coming up to the rescue. I really thought that was it and I would never see her again.

I was screaming "ALICE ALICE!!!" We searched for about thirty minutes, in the bushes, on the road, in the adjoining fields and neighbour's gardens... I actually think I went into shock :shock: then Sal (Sunnybunnys!) and one of the other volunteers found her hiding under a bush, drenched and in shock!

My poor baby! After I'd got her back I saw she was bleeding under her eye :( :( so we've had a trip to the emergency vets. She's now recovering and just happy to be home.

She really is very connected to the wild still, she has that wild temperament which won't be tamed. I'm just so glad they found her :love::love::love:

Glad she's ok, hows her eye ? :)

thanks guys. The eye has gradually stopped bleeding over the day, vet has given her anti-bios and will be checking her eye again next week but doubts there is any sight damage. She is also limping very slightly but he says he thinks that's just a sprain.

thanks guys. The eye has gradually stopped bleeding over the day, vet has given her anti-bios and will be checking her eye again next week but doubts there is any sight damage. She is also limping very slightly but he says he thinks that's just a sprain.

Aww, she sounds like she'll make a good recovery :love:

Oh no, I'm glad you found her! I know the sheer panic of thinking you have lost your bunny :( (although I found mine in the bathroom with the door shut behind him after thinking he'd run out the back door!)

The awful thing was, she was always the one that would be hard to catch in the garden when she was freeranging, I always knew she would be wild if she could... so losing her for those 30 minutes was like all my worst nightmares ccoming true - the ONE rabbit I knew wouldn;t return to the sound of the pellet bag shaking, or wouldn't come up to me if she saw me. I knew she would be hiding in the deepest, darkest place and then there were big lorries going by and I was imagining her under the tyres... all fears fears fears, but thank God she's okay!

How terrifying. Glad she is safe now and hope her eye heals soon....any idea how she did it?

Alice thinks she possibly caught it on some wire or something snagged it when she went past. I know she bashed her head, so it could very easily have been that. My poor Rubles :(

I can imagine how terrifying that must have been for you and Ruby :( *hugs*

I'm so glad she was found safely and hope her eye injury heals soon.

Oh my goodness Kate! I would NOT want any of my buns loose around Alices.... I would practically poop myself! Thank god you found her OK! Your poor heart must have been in your throat! I hope you had a cup of tea to recoup......

Back