• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just off to the vets - Back now

Gertie

Mama Doe
My guinea pig is showing signs of having injured his leg. :( We're meeting the vet in 20 minutes.

015.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all. x :)

We just got back. It's looking like it's muscular, he's had an injection of Metacam and I have some to give him for a few days. He's such a good little guinea, so calm and brave. :) Probably just cost me a small fortune though, but he's worth it! :lol:

Thanks Poppymoon.

He's eating well. Think we'll keep him caged tomorrow instead of putting him in his run. Might do more strain to it out there. We have a heat pad to put in tonight (he's an indoor boy, but my other half is worried he's feeling poorly) so we'll lean that against the wall of the cage so he can lean there if he wants. He's getting old now, he's at least five, so we worry.

sending vibes for your piggie, he looks so sweet:love:
Well done for getting him to the vets so soon, I am sure he will recover that much sooner now, and have a more comfortable night:D

Thanks everyone for thinking of him. :)

He was looking ok this morning when I left for work. Daddy had given him extra tomatoes (his favourite)! He walks ok, then he seems to jar it or something which then makes him squeek and not bear weight on it for a few seconds. He's due more Metacam tonight. I've left him indoors and not put him out, don't want him to strain it further.
We were so pleased our vet could meet us so soon after we noticed, I'd hate to have had to make him wait for someone to look at him, he's so special and sweet and he deserves the best. :love:

Back