• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have always bonded the worst way possible

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
I have had 5 rabbits since I was 11, I have 4 now as Alife died.
I have bonded two pairs and going to bond another in a few weeks time.
But i must admit I have always bonded the worst way possible but have always had successful bonds :S
I bonded Penny and alfie by just letting them both out nfree ranging in the 18ft X 9ft garden :shock: , and I left them unsurerised in a hutch all night :shock: However they had the closest bond betwwen bunnies ever :love: I bonded like that as I was 11 and thought i was doing it ight at the time :?
Second bond same again between penny and russell and they bonded instantly , after a little fight they were grooming and everything.
I performed a bonding nightmare ... never again fot the next bond :shock:

I have had 5 rabbits since I was 11, I have 4 now as Alife died.
I have bonded two pairs and going to bond another in a few weeks time.
But i must admit I have always bonded the worst way possible but have always had successful bonds :S
I bonded Penny and alfie by just letting them both out nfree ranging in the 18ft X 9ft garden :shock: , and I left them unsurerised in a hutch all night :shock: However they had the closest bond betwwen bunnies ever :love: I bonded like that as I was 11 and thought i was doing it ight at the time :?
Second bond same again between penny and russell and they bonded instantly , after a little fight they were grooming and everything.
I performed a bonding nightmare ... never again fot the next bond :shock:

I haven't always done things "by the book" either, but have always been successful. By the book is guidlines I believe, but nothing is set in stone :)

im petrified to bond my 3 males! hoping to do it by the end of the summer, there are sooo many do' and don't's it gets me all in a tiz!

I'm really scared about bonding Islay and Jura with my new boy, but I need to get over a few hurdles before I start! The girls aren't even spayed yet, and I don't even have the new boy :lol:

Agreed, assessing their personal behavours and the correct rabbit I think determin what types of bonds are best or do-able.

I'm adopting two unrelated female babies on Saturday and will be bonding them that night with my current two...they'll be bonded in my room. Probably not what I should be doing but I have my means and backups etc. The "correct" bonding way(s) are the safest/most successful ways to bond, but us terrble bonders can be very lucky sometimes :lol::lol:

Last edited:
yhh im hoping my 3 will bond okay!

1 is very dominant the other 2 are very placid so im hoping they just stay like that )

Last edited:
Have to say I bonded my two by letting them out in the same area free ranging for a long time each day. i then started leaving both their hutches/runs open and they both went in them and that was it, bonded. Never a fight or a scuffle at all, a couple of one off humps when they first met and that was it, before this they could see each other mind and when I got them they were living together as mother and daughter until I discovered daughter was a son and parted them until they were both neutered.

Back