• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What pellet do you feed?

What pellet do you feed?

• Oxbow

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Dodson and Horrell

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Heygates

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Allen and page

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Pets at home

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Wagg

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Excel

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Science Selective

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • other please state

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
SS, tried to switch on to Oxbow, but fussy buns declined. So SS it is! They only have a handful once a day though, they like it so much it can be used as a treat/bribe too.

All six bunnies get Science Selective, two of the thriantas have it mixed with Excel and Excel junior though as they don't put on as much weight

The babies are on excel and they love it. I will shortly be moving Riley and my guinea pigs over to burgess excel aswell. :wave:

I feed Wagg optimum, and I rate it much much higher than P@H or Excel. (Other than my current availability crisis!) My buns have had both before, and even with the mountains of hay I feed they still always had dark, smallish poops. I changed to Wagg about a year ago and can honestly say my buns, and guineas have never been in better condition. The coats feel amazing, the general body condition of them all feels improved and they are just full of beans all the time. I know Wagg dog food is pretty shoddy, they should definitely stick to rabbit food!

I feed Science Selective and Oxbow Bunny Basics T. I mix them together because I personally think the Oxbow is the best pellet food, but I use SS for worming with Panacur and also because they love it, so don't want to deprive them of it.

science selective, used to feed excell but changed when rosie was poorly, the bunnies have lovely coats from it :)

All six bunnies get Science Selective, two of the thriantas have it mixed with Excel and Excel junior though as they don't put on as much weight

yeah when mabel was such a low weight i gave her excell junior at night to help her gain some weight, still will do this in future if i need to, but main feed is SS too :)

Back