• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have you ver taken your rabbits on holiday with you?

beccimarie

Mama Doe
im not thinking of taking my rabbits on holiday as we need to be near my vets at all times, im just being nosey :lol:

I just thought to myself you see dog friendly hotels and holiday sites, i just thought i wounder if there are rabbit holidays too? :lol: tell your story if you have one and pictures :D

i took ebony camping and she really enjoyed it she had a dog crate inside for night time and during the day when we were with her she had a folding metal run:wave:

I'm sure pet friendly hotels wouldn't mind, just tell them they're a caged pet. When I did a jumping display, me and 5 others were originally going to stay with our rabbits in a hotel, we ended up not though

My lops would love to. They love exploring, don't mind travelling and love people. My lionheads would hate it sadly.

Like demi said we was origionally going to stay in a hotel in London with our Bunnies, but instead they stayed in a bunny quiet area at the show , with a vet on site.
But penny and Russell have been to Reading, London and Harrogate overnight with me before :D - all had on site vets :)

Like demi said we was origionally going to stay in a hotel in London with our Bunnies, but instead they stayed in a bunny quiet area at the show , with a vet on site.
But penny and Russell have been to Reading, London and Harrogate overnight with me before :D - all had on site vets :)

Yeah and don't forget the two security guards, specifically guarding the rabbits :lol:

Was quite annoying when we wanted to check on them, 'sorry you can't go up there', 'but they're our rabbits!', 'we'll need proof' :lol:

yes we smuggled rosie and mowgli on holiday once to a caravan. took play pen panels set up a large are for them with their carrier etc

they where soo well behaved travelling for 3hours they loved it :lol: we had to as mowgli was very poorly back then, and needed medicine, it was when he got his frist cateract, shortly after when his kidneys began to fail the year after we said our goodbyes, but they both loved the holiday, they knew they where on holiday and seemed soo happy

Yeah and don't forget the two security guards, specifically guarding the rabbits :lol:

Was quite annoying when we wanted to check on them, 'sorry you can't go up there', 'but they're our rabbits!', 'we'll need proof' :lol:

yeah that was funny :lol: :lol: and then that security guard just stared at us for ages and was asking how much longer we'd be :? :lol:

Once, to my parents over xmas - 200 miles away.

Took their dog crate and puppy pen and they lived in the dining room for 4 days :)

I think we once took Smudge on holiday with us, but I could be wrong. It was a long time ago and my memory is terrible now :(

I know if I could go somewhere that was pet/rabbit friendly I'd take Benjamin on holiday with me. He's curiuos and happy enough in new places I think he'd enjoy it a lot. Heh even have his first indoor hutch we could take along, then get a collapsable run as well... At home he has free range of kitch and when we're in their the front room too.

just taking the dogs on holiday is enough stress let alone bringing the bunny family too :) i would have to get a bigger car for a start to get everyone and the luggage in! and my oh is terrible at packing....

Only ever dogs in the past- camping.

My buns stay with grandma/grandad (aka my mum and dad) or uncle Gavin and auntie Tamsin and their cousins Harry and Penny (my brother, his partner and their bunnies :oops:)

Back