• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm joining the Nethie club!

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
:D :D :D This little man is coming home with me on Wednesday. His name is currently Smokey (although that shall be changing) and he is 3 years old and neutered. His current owner is not at all well and feels he would be happier with companions. There is also a baby Lionhead, about 12 weeks old, she bought as a female but turned out to be male. I am undecided on taking this little boy too, but Smokey is definitely coming to join us :D

Some photos she sent me...I have more, but this will do for now...

P36800.jpg

Z72517471.jpg

Z72517476.jpg

Undecided on this boy. Mum loves him and has always wanted a LH, but I don't like the thought of him possibly not bonding and then if Smokey doesn't bond I could end up with three rabbit setups! So I think I'll pass on him, but he is adorable...
Z72517470.jpg

Z72516982.jpg

And don't worry, I have spare accommodation if bonding does not work (but I do have a good feeling), I'm financially stable and will be quite happy to get a companion for him if he needs one.

Last edited:
Awwww, cute! Are they bonded at the moment then, even though the baby one is a boy (is he neutered yet?), or has the owner got them separate now?

Awwww, cute! Are they bonded at the moment then, even though the baby one is a boy (is he neutered yet?), or has the owner got them separate now?

No, seems the Lions ballies dropped and he turned nasty! He was meant to be female :roll: so I don't know if they would bond once he's neutered, or Smokey would remember he was nasty to him.

Lionhead is gorgeous (sorry, I didn't ask his name!), but I would hate a failed bond. I have to let my head rule for a change :lol:

No, seems the Lions ballies dropped and he turned nasty! He was meant to be female :roll: so I don't know if they would bond once he's neutered, or Smokey would remember he was nasty to him.

Lionhead is gorgeous (sorry, I didn't ask his name!), but I would hate a failed bond. I have to let my head rule for a change :lol:

But there's a chance that your 2 and smokey could fall out and you may end up with three singles anyway:wave:

Might be better to try and bond a quad? Trios hardly ever work (as I found out) and I wish I'd gone for a quad or two pairs.

Oh wow they are both adorable! I would get both. I have two nethies myself (not as teeny as that nethie looks though!) and they are one of my favorite breeds. My dream grouping is my 2 nethies, my mini rex, plus 1 teeny nethie, 1 lionhead that looks just like that little guy, 1 dutch, and 1 holland lop. Very unlikely but I can dream :lol:

Would you be bonding both of them to your current buns when the lionhead is neutered, if possible?

Oh wow they are both adorable! I would get both. I have two nethies myself (not as teeny as that nethie looks though!) and they are one of my favorite breeds. My dream grouping is my 2 nethies, my mini rex, plus 1 teeny nethie, 1 lionhead that looks just like that little guy, 1 dutch, and 1 holland lop. Very unlikely but I can dream :lol:

Would you be bonding both of them to your current buns when the lionhead is neutered, if possible?

Yes, I will be bonding Islay, Jura and Smokey, got a brand new pen for doing so indoors, and I could bond the Lionhead. But if I get him and it ALL went wrong, what if I ended up with 4 singles?! :shock:

Yes, I will be bonding Islay, Jura and Smokey, got a brand new pen for doing so indoors, and I could bond the Lionhead. But if I get him and it ALL went wrong, what if I ended up with 4 singles?! :shock:

But that's a lot less likely than ending up with a failed bond due to trying a trio:)

Soorry, I just think that LH is soooo cute, his little white feet :love:

But that's a lot less likely than ending up with a failed bond due to trying a trio

I agree, plus you probably wouldn't end up with 4 singles. More like two pairs probably. The lionhead is a baby too which can be easier to bond than adult rabbits.

awww I'm so glad that you decided to get him!!! :D I'm so happy for you! He's adorable! Hope he bonds with I and J, and if it goes successfully then maybe you could go back for the lionhead. ;) :lol:

i don't understand.
when talking about it in your other thread and when we were saying what happens if they end up 3 singles, you said this

if you only have one spare hutch, rather than 2 spare sheds, what happens if you end up with 3 singles when you try to bond a trio?

Yes I do have spare sheds, but I'm thinking a hutch for them sleeping in, like a hidey of sorts to go in the shed. If you see what I mean. I may just go for it, get them both and hope for the best.

Back