• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run out of rabbit food - What do I do? UD - Crisis over!

Have been trying for the last few days to get some Wagg Optimum as I was getting low. At Tesco the other day I was only able to get 1 bag of guinea food, and the rabbit was labelled as out of stock, local garden centre that also sells it was also out of stock.

Well I ran out completely last night, and have been to 2 Tescos, Asda, 3 local petshops and 2 garden centres trying to get some and theres none. I've ordered 10kg from one shop but it won't be in until Thursday, which is no good to me now.

So now I've got no rabbit food and don't really know what to do now. Do you think they'd be ok with guinea food? Has anyone else had trouble getting this? Any advice on what to do now would be appreciated!

I'm aware I should be more organised, and should have got some more before I ran out. So annoyed at myself!

Last edited:
Do they have many pellets each?

Mine only have a few each, so if I ran out, I'd just leave out the pellets until I could pick up the new bag on Thursday - I don't think it'd hurt to go without for a short time (the bunnies would probably disagree though! :lol:).

I'd just leave the pellets out too. As long as they have plenty of hay they'll be fine. Maybe give them some extra greens to make up for it.
Supermarkets often get deliveries on a Monday so you might have more luck finding some tomorrow?

Not a huge amount of pellets each, except for BamBam and ShyBoy who get about half an average bunny bowl each as they are both 8 years old, and lose weight if they have less than this. I've got lots of hay, and some fenugreek crunchies, alfalfa sticks and some other treaty bits as well as veg.

Battlekat thanks, I'll try again tomorrow!

Think I would do as others have suggested - up the hay and greens and I'm sure they'll be ok for a few days. Have you tried Scats (not sure whether they stock it). Unfortunately, although I live fairly close to you, I only have Excel, otherwise you'd have been very welcome to some.

Do you have a sainsburys locally? Our sainsburys stock this food. Personally i wouldnt give them guinea food, if they are used to veg maybe give them a little extra and plenty of hay as normal.

I hope the older bunnies will be ok xx

Oh Babsie, thats so kind bless you, shame it's a different food lol!! Scats don't do it either. Honestly, you wouldn't believe the places I've been today!! and Becky, no our Sainsburys don't do it, even though it's just been practically rebuilt and seems to have doubles in size!

TBH, It's just the old boys I'm concerned about, I'll just make sure they get plenty of other stuff for tonight.

asda usually stock it.....if you lived nearer..my mums got half a bag...shes just stopped using it today..its a topping for her buns food..but her bun preffered the wagg optimum to the allen and page pellets!!!

ive done the low on food...order late arriving etc.....:oops: i know..berties 7 so he loses weight too..ive supplemented his with weetabix before now and loads of hay and a few veggies..they upset his tummy tho.

good luck:wave:

Got some rabbit food last night - Yippee!! Was in a bit of a panic and convinced myself that BamBam and Shyboy would get an impaction if I gave them the normal amount of pellets :oops: so only gave them a small handful last night, another this morning, and another when I got in from work, so I think they love me again! :love:

Thanks for all your advice :love:

vet uk is great for wagg at the moment. I've changed back to it as my lot are not happy on excel. Wagg seems to be better.

Got some rabbit food last night - Yippee!! Was in a bit of a panic and convinced myself that BamBam and Shyboy would get an impaction if I gave them the normal amount of pellets :oops: so only gave them a small handful last night, another this morning, and another when I got in from work, so I think they love me again! :love:

Thanks for all your advice :love:

Thank goodness it all worked out!! Runnig out/low like that is a shock isnt it - but can happen to us all. We ran out of loo paper last week. Not as important as bunny food :lol: but nearly dire!! (We used kitchen roll while OH nipped to the shops in case anyone wonders) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank goodness it all worked out!! Runnig out/low like that is a shock isnt it - but can happen to us all. We ran out of loo paper last week. Not as important as bunny food :lol: but nearly dire!! (We used kitchen roll while OH nipped to the shops in case anyone wonders) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yup, been there done that :oops: :lol::lol:

Back