• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can i get cheap vinyl/lino?

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
where can i get cheap vinyl/lino?

I might place some classified ads asking for offcuts? ive tried that before with no avail.
Ive tried emailing a carpet shop again no avail.
im now of ebay looking.

any ideas?

Have you tried going to Carpetright or one of the big carpet shops? They usually sell off remnants cheap if you only want a small piece it should be quite cheap.

I got 7 x 5 ft of lino from Carpet Right inside the Homebase store for £21 on one of their 10% off days :D

I just went into out local carpet places. The prices varied from £50 - £22 for bog standard lino:shock: I told them all what it was for and that it didnt matter what it looked like and it was the shop nearest to me who said £22:D

I would ring a few shops tomorrow:D

im looking for 6ft x 2ft. so roughly 2m x 1m

Just another thought, we recently bought some carpet for a bedroom from a contract carpet shop who usually do offices etc and they sell off remnants our carpet only cost £45 and it is really good have you any places like this near you?

You could also try Freecycle

Just another thought, we recently bought some carpet for a bedroom from a contract carpet shop who usually do offices etc and they sell off remnants our carpet only cost £45 and it is really good have you any places like this near you?

You could also try Freecycle

just trying free cycle, its quite hard to use website

I got a big piece of lino from the local carpet shop for £5! I can't remember the exact dimensions but its pretty close to what you are after.

i paid £15 for a cut off to do a pets at home thistle hall hutch...never got round to it...i gave it to karen (rhianna) last time she came over. I did the bottom level with sticky vinyl tiles from wilkinsons...but that hutch was a few years past now..it went to live with julie at rosies rabbit rescue;)

do you have a poundland? ive seen said adhesive tiles at ours. you could always buy some fablon..like the adhesive book coverings you can put on worktops etc. then add the tiles..just as good....some buns will dig up lino....my roll was cushion flooring btw....dont know how karen got on putting it in the hutch...if you leave a teeny bit over the edge..the buns dig and bite at it. Thats why id suggest floor tiles...you can cut them easier with a pair of scissors.

Your in Hampshire aren't you? If you can get to Portsmouth, theres a local carpet shop near Fratton station, actually there's 2 but one of thems a right grumpy bum, anyway the one you want has blue signs and window frames. I got a 6ft x 4ft piece from there for £10.

i paid £15 for a cut off to do a pets at home thistle hall hutch...never got round to it...i gave it to karen (rhianna) last time she came over. I did the bottom level with sticky vinyl tiles from wilkinsons...but that hutch was a few years past now..it went to live with julie at rosies rabbit rescue;)

do you have a poundland? ive seen said adhesive tiles at ours. you could always buy some fablon..like the adhesive book coverings you can put on worktops etc. then add the tiles..just as good....some buns will dig up lino....my roll was cushion flooring btw....dont know how karen got on putting it in the hutch...if you leave a teeny bit over the edge..the buns dig and bite at it. Thats why id suggest floor tiles...you can cut them easier with a pair of scissors.

the poundland tiles are bad. i tried them for my run shelter but they just fell off! i was looking for sheet as i can take the bottom of the hutch off put the lino/vinyl on and then screw the bottom back on so there will be no edge to dig up

I got a 15 by 3 foot piece for a tenner from a local carpet shop. Go into any carpet shops you can find and have a look at their offcuts. :)

Back