• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In the run the trouble starts

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
I've noticed that when I put Mary and Zoidberg in the run it is gernerally when the trouble starts... In the hutch they are fine.

How long is it okay to keep them confined to the hutch, so that hteir bond grows stronger? I feel bad thinking of them in there, but they seem to have fights when they are let out in the run :cry:

Any ideas?

is the run on grass where one of them has been a lot previously?

Well they've been together for 4 weeks now, and during that time they've spent a lot of time on the grass etc.

How can i get rid of his scent in the grass then? It's been cut since etc.

Would you recommend moving the run to somewhere neither rabbit has been? the only place this is really is out front/round the side of the house, which is a possibility....

Well they've been together for 4 weeks now, and during that time they've spent a lot of time on the grass etc.

How can i get rid of his scent in the grass then? It's been cut since etc.

Would you recommend moving the run to somewhere neither rabbit has been? the only place this is really is out front/round the side of the house, which is a possibility....

IF its not neutral, it'll cause exactly what is happening for you :)

Perhaps, temporarily, leave the run off the grass and place elsewhere if possible as you say. Hopefully we'll get lots of rain and it'll run the scent from the area, but this can take a few weeks :)

Hope it helps your situation!

IF its not neutral, it'll cause exactly what is happening for you :)

Perhaps, temporarily, leave the run off the grass and place elsewhere if possible as you say. Hopefully we'll get lots of rain and it'll run the scent from the area, but this can take a few weeks :)

Hope it helps your situation!

Thanks, I may get the hosepipe out this even and water the grass, that might help a bit! :D

That woudl definitely make sense, thank you so much :D

Thanks, I may get the hosepipe out this even and water the grass, that might help a bit! :D

That woudl definitely make sense, thank you so much :D

Sometimes its difficult to see everything thats going on when its so personal for you etc.

I really really hope for all involved that is what it is.

Also, is the run neutralised? Eg, the wood etc?

Sometimes its difficult to see everything thats going on when its so personal for you etc.

I really really hope for all involved that is what it is.

Also, is the run neutralised? Eg, the wood etc?

Yeah we bought the run especially for them as previously Zoidberg had free range of the garden.

It's been 4 weeks now and they're still fighting, although I am going to be off for a month on paternity leave soon (once the baby comes) so hopefully they will be sorted by then, if not I can spend a bit of time with them when the baby and my wife is asleep.... I just hope they can get through all this, as 95% of the time they are so loving.

Maybe you should treat them as a new bond

-put then in a neutral small confined space maybe in the house, if hes been everywhere outside because its difficult to neutralise the garden

Maybe you should treat them as a new bond

-put then in a neutral small confined space maybe in the house, if hes been everywhere outside because its difficult to neutralise the garden

Well they are okay in their hutch, so i'm going ot move their run and put it down the side of the house next time i let them out, this evening i'm going to hose down the garden and the grass, and hopefully that will neutralize it partly.

Failing that i'll have to rebond them next weekend in a neutral place, as you have said.

Is there anything in the run? Sometimes having a tunnel, or a hidey can cause problems as one will claim it as theirs and be aggressive towards the other one because of it.
If not I guess it may be a scent thing as mentioned above.
What size is the run? Anyway you can make it smaller initially and gradually increase the size?

Is there anything in the run? Sometimes having a tunnel, or a hidey can cause problems as one will claim it as theirs and be aggressive towards the other one because of it.
If not I guess it may be a scent thing as mentioned above.
What size is the run? Anyway you can make it smaller initially and gradually increase the size?

The run is just 4ft by 4ft, could make it smaller of course, like 2ft by 4ft say. Will have to see how things go i guess.

There's no toys in there, i've removed all toys and replaced most of his old toys with new ones anyway, so i guess it must just be the scent. :?

In the event I can't find neutral ground would tarpaulin/carpet underneath the run be okay?

I've just watered the grass, it's very wet! Will wait until tomorrow to put them in it, just wondering whether tarpaulin over the grass would be a good idea? This would surely hide any scent...

Back