• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i have your opinions on my Inca's leg please.

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Inca has had a dodgy back leg for a while now. She has had X-Rays, which showed up some arthritis. She is deformed at her back end and has no tail, so i don't think that helps matters.

Anyways, she has had 4 sessions of acupuncture, but i don't see a difference in her. She is on daily Metacam and she seems to be coping fine.

The acupuncturist has been ill for 3 weeks now and i think that Inca is just the same as she was getting it, so i am wondering if i should bother taking her back.

She still binky's about the place, but her leg slips right out to the opposite side at times. You can see in the pic how she sits, and you can see in the video (click the second pic) how she binky's.

I know that her leg won't get any better, but do you think that she seems in pain, i mean would a bunny in pain binky?

Any views / ideas would be great.......
P1011109.jpg

Personally, if you aren't seeing any improvement with the acupuncture then don't go back. More importantly, she hasn't deterioraTED since not
having it for 3 weeks.
I wouldn't think a bun in pain would binky though :love:

Personally, if you aren't seeing any improvement with the acupuncture then don't go back. More importantly, she hasn't deterioraTED since not
having it for 3 weeks.
I wouldn't think a bun in pain would binky though :love:

Anyone else please?

i wouldn't take her again if there doesn't seem to be any improvement - unless it could mean that she wouldn't be on daily metacam?

binkying bunnies are happy bunnies - not bunnies in lots of pain:)

I agree with others. Inky broke his toe about 5 years ago and although it did not heal totally straight, he still binkies:love:.

It is obvious when his joints are troubling him beacuse he just looks fed up and starts licking them all the time, when this happens (usually in the winter), I pop him back on the metacam for a few weeks.

She doesnt look in pain atall to my untrained eye, I seriously doubt a bun in pain with her leg would binky on it. I wouldnt pursue the acupuncture any further if theres been no detirioration in the 3 weeks since she last had it. What a gorgeous special girl, such a trooper :love:

Btw I LOVE your rug, do your buns not eat it?? Id love something similar in my lounge but I think Max and Charlotte would destroy it :roll:

Thanks everyone, it is basically what i thought, but you know what it can be like when you need some reassurance :)

Bluesmum - they ain't in the living room all the time, but when they are they don't make much mess, the occasional poo from Inca, but she generally just eats that! (Normal poo's that is)

Jack's-Jane - The arthritis is in her hip. The vet said that it is not too bad from the X-ray.

Gemmapookie - The rug is just a cheap and cheerful one from Ikea. Nah, they don't eat it, but Herbie does try to burrow into it at times.

Back